Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got me a land lease for this year and next for deer and spring turkey 55 acres 10 woods the rest is tree lines and bean fields and a small swamp first time scouting seen a small 6 and then a tall tined 8 pointer out in the bean field... it hasent been hunted in 3 years. there is a tree house blind that is f,n. huge 30 ft up in a tree it has a pisser in it. the piss runs down a garden hose and into a tank thats buried in the ground how sweet is that....there are already fresh rubs and a lot of deer sine... ill take pictures of the rubs and the tree house sunday when im hanging stands....rochester rd and dryden rd area...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Cool. Finding a decent hunting lease isn't an easy thing to do. Especially one fairly close to home. Way to go.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Toothy Grin @ Sep 19 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cool. Finding a decent hunting lease isn't an easy thing to do. Especially one fairly close to home. Way to go.

yes....its like an hour away at the most i have time to leave work come home take a shower then hit the afternoon bow hunt then make it back home for dinner...

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
cool find. I used to lease 250 acres at Rochester, 1/2 mile north of Stoney Creek rd. Your gonna love the area. Lots of deer, and tons of does in that area too. Don't forget, there will be wood ducks in the swamp. If you need help ridding the land of those nasty birds, just send me a PM.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Grapes @ Sep 19 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>cool find. I used to lease 250 acres at Rochester, 1/2 mile north of Stoney Creek rd. Your gonna love the area. Lots of deer, and tons of does in that area too. Don't forget, there will be wood ducks in the swamp. If you need help ridding the land of those nasty birds, just send me a PM.

ha ha... iv never been duck hunting i do see alot of goose tracks around the swamp tho....and yes i used to live in oxford and iv been going up that part of rochester rd all my life.there are a lot of does in that area. they taste just as good as any buck if not better. ..i remember when all that was up there was corn fields.now there are subs and even a nice new cematary.and golf coruses we all know that we dont quite have enuff golf corses around here...

·
Registered
210 Posts
GREAT find! I've been keeping my eyes and ears open but most leases are too pricey for what they have to offer. Sounds like a perfect setup, especially that is been quiet for 3 years. If anyone else finds a setup in this or similar area that they pass on or want to split let me know. Archery only is fine and preferred ;+)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(fantastixvoyage @ Sep 22 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>GREAT find! I've been keeping my eyes and ears open but most leases are too pricey for what they have to offer. Sounds like a perfect setup, especially that is been quiet for 3 years. If anyone else finds a setup in this or similar area that they pass on or want to split let me know. Archery only is fine and preferred ;+)

i found this on craigs list

·
Registered
210 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Sep 22 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(fantastixvoyage @ Sep 22 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>GREAT find! I've been keeping my eyes and ears open but most leases are too pricey for what they have to offer. Sounds like a perfect setup, especially that is been quiet for 3 years. If anyone else finds a setup in this or similar area that they pass on or want to split let me know. Archery only is fine and preferred ;+)

No sh*t?! Damn I've looked there a bunch. Sporting or real estate section? Let me know if you need to split the $$
I was just south of your area and there were two bucks out in a private field plain as day - gotta love low pressure hunting grounds!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(fantastixvoyage @ Sep 23 2009, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Sep 22 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(fantastixvoyage @ Sep 22 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>GREAT find! I've been keeping my eyes and ears open but most leases are too pricey for what they have to offer. Sounds like a perfect setup, especially that is been quiet for 3 years. If anyone else finds a setup in this or similar area that they pass on or want to split let me know. Archery only is fine and preferred ;+)

No sh*t?! Damn I've looked there a bunch. Sporting or real estate section? Let me know if you need to split the $
I was just south of your area and there were two bucks out in a private field plain as day - gotta love low pressure hunting grounds!

go the the search field and type in huntung lease theres alot in the flint area thats where i found this one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.