Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting a tip, Michigan DNR investigated St. Martin Island on November 19. St. Martin Island is a

privately owned island just within the Michigan bounder near Green Bay Wisconsin.

"From our raid on St. Martins Island on Nov. 19, 2009. Thirty-one bucks and nine does on the pole. Nothing smaller than a seven-point. Another approximately 10 deer, antlers and heads found on the ground around the camp. A mix of smaller bucks and does. Ten deer without tags, approximately another 10 deer with wives'/girlfriends' tags. Investigation continues."

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I have been following this and my on-line sources say that this is a matter of a bunch of guys that are indeed hunting on an island and that they are practicing QDM by shooting "smaller" bucks. There were about 10 tickets issued for guys that had a tag at camp but had not yet tagged their deer.

Here is another pic. Would not think that the DNR would let the hunters pose in the photo with them if it were indeed a case of massive blatant disregard for wildlife laws?

Who knows. The internet is a crazy thing. The only way to know is to actually be there.

Impressive buck pole regardless!

Squad Cargo pants Military camouflage Marines Tree

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I just posted it cause i got it in an email didn't know how true it was or anything. It was from a pretty good freind of mine in the u.p. and he heard about it and sent me the info. Don't see why they would take a pic with them but who knows but the people there.
Ok did some research and this is what i found from a local news station in the area. You have to go to the 19:50 mark of the video for the story. I watched the whole thing it was a rather interesting news story anyways. But according to the info that is in the news story it is true.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/on_wlu....aspx?id=110744

·
3,236 Posts
QDM is working well for them. To bad they broke the law on a couple of em. I am sure the DNR took the picture with those that had properly tagged deer. The news story said out of 50 deer that roughly 20 of them were improperly tagged. That means that 30 of them were legal. My guess is the guys in the picture are the ones that did it right.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Dec 14 2009, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can you imagine (1) having a buck pole that size and (2) actually lining it up with plenty o bucks???

My first thought when I heard "privatley owned island" was i'd like a stake on that bitch!

I'll split it with ya!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Supposedly it is true. I will try to post link that tells the story. Basically it says they practice QDM and 10 deer were not tagged but they had tags for them. Just didnt tag them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts