Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Fished by the Salt, had a couple follows early in the morning. Finally caught one around 10:30am or when the wind started coming from the southeast. Had a couple more small follow east of the Salt (they were chasing a black/silver Dominatrix). Those are heavy lures and I was really heaving them, in fact, I had a knot in the spool and it caught when I casted; it snapped the 50lb Power Braid. Sounded like a firecracker. First lure I lost in about a year. Had another big follow later in the afternoon; Going after her in the morning (she's waypoint 46 in my gps). These picture are the same fish; thought I had the timer set on the first one. Just shows how a close up picture can be misleading. Makes the musky look alot bigger.

Water Sky Watercraft Naval architecture Sleeve
Sky Water Watercraft Outdoor recreation Travel

Attachments

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
HI.................... belive I was casting next to U for awhile. I was in the creme/black 17' aluminum boat with 2 guys and a kid in it. Was casting a #6 blue fox gold blade with white bucktail most of the afternoon. No follows or muskie, but we did catch a couple largemouth and a 28 inch pike. Fished from approx. 1:30 to 6PM. This was the first time casting in the bay, usually fish over by harsens island in the bays or one of the channels. Will be back for more next week.....................

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(6667supersport @ Jul 6 2009, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>HI.................... belive I was casting next to U for awhile. I was in the creme/black 17' aluminum boat with 2 guys and a kid in it. Was casting a #6 blue fox gold blade with white bucktail most of the afternoon. No follows or muskie, but we did catch a couple largemouth and a 28 inch pike. Fished from approx. 1:30 to 6PM. This was the first time casting in the bay, usually fish over by harsens island in the bays or one of the channels. Will be back for more next week.....................

Hi............ I remeber you, we talked for a little. Seen the kid catch a bass. I've been thinking about trying by the north channel. Stop and chat anytime!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I was out there from about 9am until 4pm. Near the salt I had a small LM bass hit a bucktail and I am not sure if she followed and I missed seeing her or she was just crusing by but off of my bow about 7ft away there was a nice high 40s fish just sitting there. I had just made a cast when I noticed her and she slowly took off in the direction of the lure I was bringing in but she was not interested. I still was doing figure 8s and Os for a couple of minutes to make sure.

I only had one more follow from a small one in the north part of the bay. There was a ton of boat traffic and the number of A-holes was crazy. I had 1 fishing boat cut right in front of where I was casting. I actually could of hooked the boat no problem. They did not even look at me. Then I had some idiot on a jet ski do the same thing and waved at me. That one was lucky there was a kid on board or they would have got the 1 finger wave back. I am hoping to get out this week and avoid the busy boat traffic.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Alex, you're not kidding about amatures near the Salt River, every clown over there acted like they were trying out for the circus. Maybe I should start targeting Jet Skier's, but I doubt they would fit in the livewell

I think you might have been pretty close to us when the two red ones, decided to put on the stupid show between where you were and us.

·
Registered
958 Posts
That's why I avoided most of anchor yesterday morning. All I got was a couple of follows but at least I didn't have to put up with a bunch of idiots.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
Good job dale.. is that a hungry Howies box? I am glad to be back to Lake st clair. I thought I was going to die the last 4 days being away. I will never go on vacation again during Musky season

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 7 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good job dale.. is that a hungry Howies box? I am glad to be back to Lake st clair. I thought I was going to die the last 4 days being away. I will never go on vacation again during Musky season
It is a Hungry Howies box, I'm picking-up bad habits from you and bassturd. I use to go fishing all day and not even think about eating; now i'm stuffing my face in between cast. Good to have you back.

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
Where were U thinking of trying in the North Channel ???? Sunday was the first time I really fished in the Bay. Just bought the boat in April. Always fished from shore around harsens island. My son is 7 and loves fishing so I bought the boat to take him out. My son caught a 36-38" muskie in the snye a couple weeks ago. A friend has a place on harsens island and usually catches nice pike and muskie in the middle channel trolling the channel drop off but thats not till middle of July-September. Would like to try casting the bay somemore this weekend weather permitting. Just bought another muskie pole, now im looking for a new reel.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(Junkster @ Jul 7 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 7 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good job dale.. is that a hungry Howies box? I am glad to be back to Lake st clair. I thought I was going to die the last 4 days being away. I will never go on vacation again during Musky season
It is a Hungry Howies box, I'm picking-up bad habits from you and bassturd. I use to go fishing all day and not even think about eating; now i'm stuffing my face in between cast. Good to have you back.

not a bad habit. its easy to get frustrated on the water casting for musky.. cant beat a 30 minute pizza break to get you rested and ready for the rest of the day

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 7 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Junkster @ Jul 7 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SpinnerBait @ Jul 7 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good job dale.. is that a hungry Howies box? I am glad to be back to Lake st clair. I thought I was going to die the last 4 days being away. I will never go on vacation again during Musky season

not a bad habit. its easy to get frustrated on the water casting for musky.. cant beat a 30 minute pizza break to get you rested and ready for the rest of the day

It's a bad habit for me: one donut is too many and 100 isn't enough!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts