Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
12,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 23" four blade props. from Dynamic Speed and Marine. They're a pickup stop for Johnnys Props. I banged them up at the end of last year but now they look BETTER than new. AWESOME JOB Johnny.

Attachments

·
12,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, first time since new in '99. Only reason I did now was because I followed some fellow Sand Pointers up to the front of big muscamoot for J2 behind the old club and hit a pile of under water debris. Right in the middle of nowhere.

Still, the $400. fix was way cheaper than a couple grand for new ones.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ouch!! Some of you fellow inboard powered / deep draft guys are much braver then I. Haven't had the courage to link up with the gauntlet yet. Maybe this year with the deeper water

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
One of the benefits of having a smaller boat I bring the out drive up part way when it gets that shallow.

Big boats are nice if your rich like hammer and can afford them....... 400.00 OUCH!! Mine were 60.00 to have done. Same place

·
12,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$400. is CHEAP!! My neighbor at the marina went to Henry Smith and he wanted $3000. for some new 24x24 3 blade nybrils.

I'll pay $400. for my 23 4 blades anyday.

G

·
I was gonna say, $400 does sound cheap. I have heard a couple people at the boat shows talk about how much they pay to have their inboard props re-done and finished. WOW. Can be expensive, but worth it. I imagine that Hammer will notice a difference in performance, wether it's fuel consumption or handling?

And, yes. With the predicted levels this year, let's hope you don't hit those shiny new props. Should be a great year.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i use henry h. smith for all my customers needs. they are the largest propeller repair facility in the midwest. in business over 1oo years.. if you want to reduce fuel consumption, greater maneuverability, quicker holeshots, improved mid-range, faster top end, and decreased noise levels try the dymex line of wheels.. designed and manufactured by h.h. smith..
i helped test some early dymex proto types on my 1961 correct craft back in the early 80's.. less vibration/cavitation, better holeshot , lower rpm while staying on plane... etc. etc.. they are a vast improvemant over the stock oem wheels that come with your boat, especially on a boat that has tunnels.
they are made of a nibral alloy and are reasonably priced.
you cannot compare apples to oranges / dymex to federal or michigan wheels.

yes convincor it is a good to have your propellers reconditioned every couple years or if you have any vibrations due to " bottom crawling". no differant than getting your wheels balanced and aligned on your car/truck

·
12,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Johnny's does a great job with no returns. They have the computer scan system now and can do what ever level of repair you want. There are other prop repair facilities out there in the Algonac area, that Dynamic has had to return props to, to get them fixed correctly. I passed on them and went with Johnny's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i just had 2 - 23"X 21 pitch 4 blade propellers reconditioned and delivered to me @ $192.00 retail..

i have had to take props back to other repair facilitys in the detroit area as well, and they wanted to charge me to correct there problem.

h.h. smith has had the computer scanning technology for years....
i checked the price on a brand new set of 24X24 3 blade nibral alloy wheels: michigan wheel, dynajet $1202.00 each and $1300 each for a cupped dynajet..

·
12,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(MoreDefiant @ Mar 18 2004, 10:33 AM)Ouch!! Some of you fellow inboard powered / deep draft guys are much braver then I. Haven't had the courage to link up with the gauntlet yet. Maybe this year with the deeper water
I've been going to muscamoot since the 80's. See port of call on boat.

Skip the gauntlett with that cruiser though, it'll be the public restroom for all the offshores there.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Mar 19 2004, 10:25 PM)Skip the gauntlet with that cruiser though, it'll be the public restroom for all the off shores there.
What about those that don't know what a freaking bumper is??? Another reason

·
12,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got em' on and scheduled my launch. Easter at Metro baby...........

Attachments

·
12,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks good!! I resized your pic for you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks good!! I resized your pic for you

thanks hammer, can you tell me how to do that ? so in the future i can post a smaller pic.

i posted some other pics that are huge
thanks

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(captstevo @ Mar 22 2004, 09:41 AM)props on, bottom painted, ready for splash down !

Very inventive use of a 1/2 barrel, CaptStevo!!!

·
12,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I noticed that too.
No Way!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts