Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't it last Christmas that Target refused to let the Salvation Army ring their bells in front of their stores?

[/size]

[/color]

Dick Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association wrote.

'Recently we asked the local TARGET store to be a proud
sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our
spring recognition event.

We received the following reply
from the local TARGET management:

'Veterans do not meet our
area of giving. We only donate to the arts, social action
groups,gay & lesbian causes, and education.'

So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and
veterans in general, do not meet their donation criteria,
then something is really wrong at this TARGET store. We were
not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, just
a small sponsorship for a memorial remembrance..

A s a follow-up, I E-mailed the TARGET
U.S. Corporate
Headquarters and their response was the
same.

That's their
national policy

Then I looked into the company further..
They will not allow
the Marines to collect for 'Toys for Tots' at any of their
stores.. A nd during the recent Iraq deployment, they would
not allow families of employees who were called up for
active duty to continue their
insurance coverage while
they were on military service. Then as I dig further,

TARGET
is a French-owned corporation .

Now, I'm thinking again. If TARGET cannot support American
Veterans, then why should my family and I support their
stores by spending our hard earned American dollars!
And,

have their profits sent to France

Without the American
Vets, where would

France be today?

'They, most likely would be speaking German and trading in Deutsch Marks'

·
Registered
731 Posts
I HAVEN'T SET FOOT IN A TARGET STORE IN 8 YEARS!! (THE MANAGER WAS A RUDE, IGNORANT PERSON)

AND I NEVER WILL!!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I've NEVER had a problem at Target. I've even had relatives that worked there & they pay better than Wal-Mart & Kmart & treat their employees with more respect than the other 2 combined. Most of the stuff you posted is complete BS & is nothing more than lies that are spread over the net just like so many other lies about other companies.

As for the Salvation Army, I'm glad I don't have to hear them ringing that bell outside the store. After the 911 attacks the top dogs gave themselves some nice million $$$ bonuses after all those donations poured in & they did very little to help the victims families & since then I said [email protected]%k the Salvation Army & haven't gave then a dime.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Where'd you hear that Mike? Is that based on fact, or did you get it in an email? I've always supported the Salvation Army, so I googled it and couldn't find anything about it. All I saw was a rumor that the CEO makes $13,000 as being false, and that he actually makes $166,000.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Nov 29 2009, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Where'd you hear that Mike? Is that based on fact, or did you get it in an email? I've always supported the Salvation Army, so I googled it and couldn't find anything about it. All I saw was a rumor that the CEO makes $13,000 as being false, and that he actually makes $166,000.

It was all over the news back when they gave out the big bonuses. ($11 million I think it was). Red Cross did the same thing. Fox News was all over them. I'll look for the story when I have time.

BTW, I NEVER believe anything that is sent to me in an Email that's about companies or famous people.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
801 Posts
My best friends a manager at target making close to six figures, he started there as a part time high school job and has worked up through the ranks in the last 20 plus years, seems like his family is doing pretty well, he lives in a beutifull house, has a nice boat and cars and honestley thats what I care about....
WORKING AMERICANS BEING ABLE TO AFFORD TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR FAMILY.

oh...did I mention he fishes and reads forums ? lol

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
If the only place you can find information is in a mass e-mail, its most likely a hoax. My wife and i donate to organizations every year, but never in front of stores or at intersections. i think it is annoying, and forces some people that cant afford it to feel uncomfortable. I also think its unfortunate to post this about a company who donated $1 million to the organization, and all the profits from a specific purchase made in their stores. This is the reason i love the "junk" folder in my e-mail, to prevent crap like this from finding my eyes....

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
QUOTE(Mr Pike @ Dec 1 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No long political statement here. I dont shop there because i think the store sucks. ( freedom of choice )

im with Mr Pike on this one.

·
Registered
731 Posts
QUOTE(BCBpIV @ Dec 1 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If the only place you can find information is in a mass e-mail, its most likely a hoax. My wife and i donate to organizations every year, but never in front of stores or at intersections. i think it is annoying, and forces some people that cant afford it to feel uncomfortable. I also think its unfortunate to post this about a company who donated $1 million to the organization, and all the profits from a specific purchase made in their stores. This is the reason i love the "junk" folder in my e-mail, to prevent crap like this from finding my eyes....

BCBpIV...WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN????

·
Registered
526 Posts
Why does the salvation army need executives, I seem to remember that bob doles wife was an exec for them or another well known "CHARITY" and she was getting around 7 figures, I think it's ridiculous that money is handed out at these "charities" to people who made there way with gov't jobs.
By the way, if you donate 200 bucks to your local library you take 100 rt off the top on your state return and the regular deal on the fed.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(GIGGLESTICK @ Dec 1 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why does the salvation army need executives, I seem to remember that bob doles wife was an exec for them or another well known "CHARITY" and she was getting around 7 figures, I think it's ridiculous that money is handed out at these "charities" to people who made there way with gov't jobs.
By the way, if you donate 200 bucks to your local library you take 100 rt off the top on your state return and the regular deal on the fed.

Same goes for donations to a public university, public TV, homeless food bank. You don't need to send in the receipt to the state for the food bank

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.