Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3,236 Posts
Spent 9 days in north eastern kansas on a couple thousand acre corn farm bow hunting white tails. It was incredible land with a very healthy and mature deer herd. Went down with Adam and Andy. Andy got the wide ten point the first morning and Adam missed an 8 point the last morning. I got my 9 point(main frame 8 point with a 2 inch kicker on the right base) on the last morning with 90 minutes to go before we were driving home.
30 yard shot broadside while he was rubbing a tree, lung,lung, and the heart were hit and he only went 20 yards. I saw a ton of bucks and two that were larger than the one I shot but they were not in bow range. The largest one I saw about made me fall out of the tree. He was wide as hel! and tines were well over a foot tall.
It was a great trip and we will definitely be back next year. Big thanks to my wife who held the fort down while I was chasing the elusive white tailed deer in the land of oz.
The skull mount is the same wide ten in the other pic, Andy shot it the first day and the taxadermist caped it and skull mounted it in 2 days for him. Just got home today, already dusted the muzzleloader off and loaded my car for the morning opener. I am staing local this year due to the Kansas trip so this is the first opener on my 40 acres in Casco so it should be interesting. I have an 8 point from Michigan, a 9 from Kansas and I am hoping to complete the triple mount tomorrow morning with a Michigan bruiser!!

Anthony

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Great job man! Nice and tall! We always saw some big bucks while phez hunting out there.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Wow now you got me itching for the morning. Nice job man. Great pics as well.

·
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Nov 15 2009, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's some impressive work Anthony... You deserve it brotha!

Thanks man. I saw your post about your first deer from when I was gone, NICE JOB!!! You will never forget your first one regardless of the hardware he had on his head. Be careful you will quickly become addicted to bow hunting and your old lady will miss you the three weeks before the gun opener.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Nice deer guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts