Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fed the fish at Stony a container of 36 waxworms and a dozen spikes. Constant stream of gills, crappie and perch. Nothing really sizeable but I kept enough for 2 meals. They were frozen before we left! Nothing on the tipups. Next party over said they didn't get a bite. Those gills are worth the trouble to me. If anybody else was out there how'd you do? Every time I've been out it's been non-stop no matter where we try.

·
Registered
242 Posts
QUOTE(mwizniki @ Jan 30 2010, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fed the fish at Stony a container of 36 waxworms and a dozen spikes. Constant stream of gills, crappie and perch. Nothing really sizeable but I kept enough for 2 meals. They were frozen before we left! Nothing on the tipups. Next party over said they didn't get a bite. Those gills are worth the trouble to me. If anybody else was out there how'd you do? Every time I've been out it's been non-stop no matter where we try.

I use to fish Stoney in the winter ending with nothing but dinks. I do better in spring and summer . I do believe that the park lowers the water level every winter is why winter fishing is hard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.