Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drove through the park at lunch time. saw 3 guys in a blue bass boat. looked cool and windy. anything good to report???

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
There was two different blue bass boats on Kent Lake today.

I was one of those boats.

I first tried to launch out of the West launch and found that it is way to shallow to launch there. I am hoping the water comes up soon. I was able to get my boat into the East launch and head out on the lake.

The water temp averaged around 46.5 deg but I found one spot where it was 48.2.

I tried fishing shallow, deep, in the rocks, stumps, bays, current and nothing worked.

I caught one 15 inch smallie, the fish was in 6.5 ft of water relating to structure. I caught him on a white Strike King spinner bait.

It was a pretty tough day today, windy, cold and the fish were not biting.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Made the journy to Kent today and ABA was correct in saying it was tough. Just after Tim and I said our goodbyes to ABA for the day we started throwing jerkbaits in 5-6 feet of water on the sunny wind blown points, we were able to pick up two smallies, the first close to 3 pounds and the second around 2 pounds. I think the sun took all day to start bringing the fish up. Would have had more areas to fish if the water was higher. Hope to make it back in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we drive through a few days a week. . they started raising the lake 2 weeks ago. it is coming up slow. we need rain. we noticed a couple of sand bars that were covered today that were out of the water earlier this week.. must have been a lot of stumps just under the water..

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
My advice seeing it's a two hour drive, NEGATIVE. It's going to be three weeks for warmer weather, Michigan... Now the Det. river is turning on. Not trying to bum you out for sure but you want to have a good time. I went to a lake Sunday where i usually catch 50 or more, we caught 3 fish. It's just to cold now. How ever using ice fishing tactic's might produce better. Meaning live bait fished jigging, straight down.

h2o<---says i could be wrong but it's still COLD!!!!

That's what i thought

--------------------

·
Registered
89 Posts
I checked the water level at the East Launch on Monday. It was 1' deep off the end of the docks.
Friday, it had risen to 2' deep.

·
Registered
467 Posts
It was tough today on Kent. The wind was howling again, but it was really nice when it settled down. The rattletrap bite (for me) is gone...the crankbait bite was nonexistant...no takers on the jig and pig...so, when all else fails, throw a tube! Here's a 21" Largie...(5.03 pounds on my Salter) who couldn't resist the tantalizing motion of of dark green/purple flake 4" tube completely smeared with MegaStrike...The water was low, but I had no problem putting in or taking out.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Oh my gosh is the water low on Kent. We managed to hit sand/rock humps and stumps while we were out fishing today in my buddys brand new bass boat. (scarred up the skag and prop pretty good) We didn't even get a bite and we fished for around 3 hours plus. The water temp was 45-48 and the wind was howling if you weren't in the protected bays. We tried all fast moving lures to locate fish and a few slow moving plastics and didn't come up with anything. I thought of maybe moving to the drops and river channel but the wind was pretty strong. So basically we had a crummy day.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i was able to get out on saturday with a friend. i couldnt get out til 3:00, just in time to watch the sun disappear behind the clouds and temps drop 10 degrees.

it was worth it tho. caught 2 nice smallies. both on traps and off shallow wood. my buddy got a nice one too. didnt weigh it but it was 18.5" not bad.

i think a lot of the fish have moved back out deeper. water temps were down a few degrees from last weekend. wont be long now. another week or so and it should pick up.

i hope i get my boat back soon. i havent been able to spend much time out there yet.

madman himself

1 - 13 of 13 Posts