Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you Kent Pro`s,
I have never fished out there for Walleye before.Does anyone have a good area to start?

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
927 Posts
i am no walleye fisherman by any means. that is one fish i just cant seem to catch. however, i have caught a few by accident on kent lake. about a month ago, while prefishing for a tournament with a friend, he caught a walleye that was everybit of 28" and weighed 6lbs even on my digital scale. it was a hawg. never seen one even half that size come out of that lake.

anyway, i see them suckers all the time when i drop the aqua-vu in two spots. the first spot is in the back lake ( on the south side of the I96 bridge ) there is a nice point back there. once you get under the bridge and into the back lake, it will be about halfway back and to the left. i spot them over there all the time. it gets pretty weedy though so i wouldnt know how to target them.

the other spot is the point across from the west launch. it sticks out a ways and has a big flat on the west side of it and a huge drop on the east side of it. there are always some walleyes on that point. my buddy caught that 6 on the flat to the east of that point.

as i said, i am no walleye fisherman. i dont know how to catch them unless they are biting rogues on cass lake. but maybe you can check these two spots out and figure something out. let us know.

madman himself

·
Registered
467 Posts
Like Madman, I don't target walleye's on Kent, but I always manage to catch a few while bass fishing. The two areas Madman mentions are good. If you look on a map of Kent, the deepest water, with the deepest drops are near the West Launch (the point he mentions extends out into the deepest part of Kent before dropping off). If you were to troll the break along the deep water (It's really a big bowl) I'm sure you will pick up a few 'eyes. I pick up some here and there throwing crankbaits along this edge for post-spawn bass this time of year. Also, I see quite a few trollers working the river channel, although I have only seen people catch fish near the East launch between the islands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.