Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the moot today watching a father take his kid to see the earning of the beads...couldn't have been more than 9 years old... When I asked how old his son was his reply was "OLD ENOUGH"

Maybe its just me as a parent..but I don't think that a 9 year old boy needed to be brought over to that area just to see the show...Is it just me?

Just my .02

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Hell, even I'm not allowed to go see that.

I didn't see any of that on Friday.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Worst part is he was patting his kid on the back like "Way to go". The whole thing just IRKS ME!!!

If he was a teenager I guess it would be different...I just don't think it was the place to take him..
There are other areas beside the gauntlet part of the moot to take your children.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(bikinigirl @ Jul 5 2003, 10:34 PM)Worst part is he was patting his kid on the back like "Way to go". The whole thing just IRKS ME!!!

If he was a teenager I guess it would be different...I just don't think it was the place to take him..
There are other areas beside the gauntlet part of the moot to take your children.
How was it there today otherwise? We were there after the storm yesterday and a lot of people were already gone, so I still have yet to see it in full force.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was my first time there today...everyone said it was tame compared to normal. There were alot of boats there. It was cold though...sun didn't come out till after 6 and we left around 7ish...I had alot of fun.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
We went with the Sunbums to the "gauntlet" (I guess the main row is called), but that Z-Man was so loud an obnoxious that we then headed down to where 3crabs and Hammer's boats were in the nice quiet area.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Hey dont tell me how to raise my kid......

We bonded at Party City when we bought the beads together.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ Jul 6 2003, 02:55 AM)Hey dont tell me how to raise my kid......

ya.......OK

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(CBJ @ Jul 6 2003, 03:55 AM)Hey dont tell me how to raise my kid......

·
Registered
991 Posts
Any age is appropriate for the Moot, what goes on in the Moot is not always appropriate. Even though I was in the raft yesterday having a good time, I had no problem with the Sheriff shutting down the Zman's volume. Its absolutely ridiculous he blasts profanity and music containing profanity across the whole bay. The day before I had my kids with me anchored well away from the raft and after 10 minutes I had to pull anchor and leave because of what he was saying and playing. Then I had to explain to a 4 and 8 year old what he did was inappropriate. There should be no place on that lake outside of jobbie nooner and the inner part of the "gauntlet" that I have to avoid with my kids. I can see staying out of the raft party with my kids, but anything that goes on in that raft should be contained in the raft so as for others to be able to enjoy the bay.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Aggressortom @ Jul 6 2003, 05:27 PM)I had no problem with the Sheriff shutting down the Zman's volume. Its absolutely ridiculous he blasts profanity and music containing profanity across the whole bay.
Too bad they didn't shut him down permanently. That was the most annoying crap I've ever heard. <_<

·
Registered
991 Posts
OK, I was just trying to be open, I think some people actually like what he does, sure is an awful lot of people from this board rafting around the Zman, if they didn't like him they could pull his plug.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I was there for that......pretty disgusting......Big or small....it is not a place for kids. That man needs his head examined! My thoughts on that........

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Aggressortom @ Jul 6 2003, 05:45 PM)OK, I was just trying to be open, I think some people actually like what he does, sure is an awful lot of people from this board rafting around the Zman, if they didn't like him they could pull his plug.
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so damn loud. We were directly across the gauntlet from him and we could barely hear ourselves talk. And then he gets on the mic and says the same things over and over and over ........

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
There is no way I would let my kidz walk the gauntlet, Saturday the wife and I walked through before it got real wild said hi to a few peeps. the kidz were on my bro in laws boat about 1/4 mile away. When we got back Z man was on the mike getting pretty anoying, we pulled up and left about the same time the cops shut him down. Man that Zman cat is LAME. Way too loud and just says the same thing over and over, he even quotes a local radio jock and uses it as his own. Well enough ranting and raving
next time ill just anchor farther away.

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Last time I checked the lake looked pretty big; lots of places to hang out other than the moot... <_<

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Well with the Zman, you like him or you don't. But the one thing that will never change is the best party will be by his boat. So if you don't want to be involved in that, then just go elsewhere. He is so far back in the bay this year that you stil have 90% of the bay to do whatever you want.

Personally I think it's great that he gets the party together, cause I've been out there when he's not, and it's not as much fun. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Waterlogged @ Jul 7 2003, 08:25 AM)Well with the Zman, you like him or you don't. But the one thing that will never change is the best party will be by his boat.
Well, I have never met him, so I can't judge him personally. All I was judging was how loud and obnoxious his set up is and the repetitive, ridiculous things he says.

For all I know, he could be the nicest, most friendly and hospitable guy you could ever meet.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts