Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
The first annual LSCN Kids Fishing Outing was a huge success!

Special thanks to:

Mini ~ Without you none of this would have been possible. What you organized was such a good thing for the kids, and for the parents too. I can tell you that we had the BEST quality time together today. The look on the kids' faces when a fish bit and we lured him in was priceless! You were so patient and great with the kids today too ~ thanks a million!

Bass Pro Shops ~ All the guests at the fishing outing received a goodie bag chok full o' fishing items - from hats to t-shirts to tattoos to tubes and other stuff. Thanks So Much!

Jack's Waterfront Restaurant ~ Special thanks for providing the facility to host our event and for the wonderful spread you put out for all the guests. It was delicious and will come back to your business triplefold.

LSCN ~ The network that was our common ground for setting all of this up. We put the fishing bug in alot of kids today because of LSCN, and that's a GOOD THING!!

Thanks Again

Shannon

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Today was something that you cannot imagine until you experience it yourself. When you have a room full of children smiling, with their parents smiling even more, you cannot help but to realize that you have touched the "soul" of each and everyone of them. All this by doing what I (we) love to do, go fishing. But with a special meaning.....In a word it was awesome.

Of course none of this would have been possible without the real people that made this happen. Mike Le Fevre at Jack's Waterfront Resturant for providing the perfect venue, a PERFECT after fishing meal of Hamburgers and all the fixins. Bass Pro Shops Detroit, Tom Sokolowski and Jeff Bukowski really went all out for us with gift bags consisting of hats, t-shirts and plenty of fishing lures for every participant. Cap'n Rob Schoenman and all the Cap'ns of LSCN for helping with the organizations, introductions, meetings and support and the bond that brought it all together, this network. Of course, all of the people that donated their boats and time.......The children will remember it for the rest of their lives. To all of you a GREAT BIG thank you!

Also a very special thank you to a person that regrettably missed the event, CK and CK Promotions. Her work and connections behind the scenes were a HUGE reason this all came together. For her and her company another GREAT BIG thank you!

I can surely see that this event could become huge in the coming years and I appreciate all the people that wanted to help. I understand that the date had to be changed to accomidate my schedule AND to top it off, it was pretty "last minute". I aoplogze for that and I understand that even WANTING to help, is a great thing. Thank you too!

Personally it felt great to back on the water after a 2 1/2 week landlock. The fishing wasnt all that great for us, but everyone caught fish. Shannon had the first, Danielle had the biggest and Joey got to fight a smallmouth!

Well I guess its time to pick a date for next year.....I vote for springtime, right after opening day. What do you folks think?

Mini

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Great job folks!! Wish I could've been there!! I think you'll have a HUGE turn out next year if you do it on a weekend! Weekdays are tough for a lot of people, but we live to fish on the weekends!! Pick a date ASAP and DON'T change it!!..LOL...
Hopefully i'll be able to participate,..and I'll donate a few "prizes" too!! Keep me in the loop!
Mac

·
Registered
927 Posts
i will be there for sure next year. if i have to steal a boat from bps ( im sure they will understand, its for the children
). i think spring time would be great, not too hot, plenty of fish. but if it is on a weekend ther gonna be some traffic. either way, i will be there. you have my word. cross my heart, hope to die, stick a smallmouth in my eye

glad everyone had a good time and all the kids were infected with the fishing bug.

madman himself

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
A BIG BIG thank you Mini!! Our girls had so much fun yesterday. They are ready to go back fishing today! And what a great day it turned out to be, couldn't have been better. It was nice to meet some of you from the fishing board. Great group of people!

Thanks to Bass Pro Shops for the loaded goodie bags! Boy, are we prepared to go and catch some fish now! Thank you also to Jacks for the dinner...great burgers!

Looking forward to next year's event!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mini, Sounds like you and your group had a great time. It's the pleasure of life to see a kid have a great time isn't it!!! Bass Pro Shops is proud to have helped with this event and will continue to support the efforts of getting the kids' in our lives in touch with nature! Thanks for donating your time! This is the best gift of all! Go man!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Mini and all who Set this day up.

My son and I want to say thank you for a great day. It was fun meeting everyone and having an excuse to fish with my boy. Count me in for next year as well. The Picture Below is what it is all about.

Doesn't he look scared "fishless"

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!

I was thinking of all of you yesterday and wishing I was there. I'm gald every thing worked out and everyone was safe and had a good time.

Nice job Mini

Marke

1 - 10 of 10 Posts