Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sunday morning at gino's. not sure about this year, but all the other years I have participated in this event, my kid got a free ice fishing pole, bucket and ice scooper. plus they serve up hot coco, hot dogs, and free taxi rides out to the fishing areas. usually they have a huge tent (with heaters) and other shanties out there for you to use. I think it starts at 9:00 am. anyone going?

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
QUOTE(Top Gun @ Jan 27 2010, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>sunday morning at gino's. not sure about this year, but all the other years I have participated in this event, my kid got a free ice fishing pole, bucket and ice scooper. plus they serve up hot coco, hot dogs, and free taxi rides out to the fishing areas. usually they have a huge tent (with heaters) and other shanties out there for you to use. I think it starts at 9:00 am. anyone going?

Allen you wanna get out this Saturday? I can't do Sunday, and I really like to avoid crowds, so I don't think I would go to this event, but if you want to go somewhere Saturday I have time. Let me know.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
last I heard, gino's is still charging $5.00 to park there for the event. the walleye club tried to get them to waive that but I guess it didn't work out

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Top Gun @ Jan 27 2010, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>last I heard, gino's is still charging $5.00 to park there for the event. the walleye club tried to get them to waive that but I guess it didn't work out

Wow they can't even do any acts of kindness can they. They could at least for one day think about the kids instead of themselves. Sorry had to say it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Remember to dress the kiddies warm.
Two words to keep in mind; ICE CLEATS. It's slicker than a ..., well, it's pretty slick out there.
And, last but not least, enjoy! This is a great event for the kids.

·
Registered
210 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jan 27 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Top Gun @ Jan 27 2010, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>last I heard, gino's is still charging $5.00 to park there for the event. the walleye club tried to get them to waive that but I guess it didn't work out

Wow they can't even do any acts of kindness can they. They could at least for one day think about the kids instead of themselves. Sorry had to say it.

I would still like to take him but that sucks about the parking fee. Not looking to kick the owners but I'm with you bowtie.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE(fletch @ Jan 27 2010, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jan 27 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Top Gun @ Jan 27 2010, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>last I heard, gino's is still charging $5.00 to park there for the event. the walleye club tried to get them to waive that but I guess it didn't work out

I would still like to take him but that sucks about the parking fee. Not looking to kick the owners but I'm with you bowtie.

I'm with you guys....What a greedy POS, this event is about the kids, not MONEY. Pretty sad when folks can only think about money. Then again, they did agree to have this event there right, and it is advertised as a FREE event, so.....

·
Registered
383 Posts
QUOTE(parttime michigander @ Jan 27 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyone know where I might get a small kids size pair of cleats? I have found womens sizes but nothing that could be used for 6yo feet.

If the sole is thick enough you could run a couple of 1/4" drive hex head screws in the bottom. You can get them 3/8" long maybe even shorter at the hardware store.

·
Registered
214 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jan 27 2010, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Top Gun @ Jan 27 2010, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>last I heard, gino's is still charging $5.00 to park there for the event. the walleye club tried to get them to waive that but I guess it didn't work out

Too late now but they should've moved it to Brandenburg Park for the parking. Of Course, I hear the ice is iffy there right now. I hate Gino's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts