Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
DAMN POST NAZIS! Might as well delete any post that has a link that doesn't go to a sponsor's website.

I think it's a conflict of interest to have moderators that are also sponsors.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've never seen any knipex except online. I'm sure the klein are nice and it's cool that they're made in the USA but I wouldn't want to be hooked to a fish and try to cut a hook of any size with a diagonal cutter. A mini-compound cutter is the only thing that I would trust to cut myself loose from a fish. Some of the cheaper ones are OK and will last for a while but the knipex cut any size hook with no effort compared to anything else and they'll last forever.

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
My MAC tools guy has them in 3 different lengths. So any tool truck ) MAC SNAP-ON MATCO) probably carries them, they are expensive as anything on the tool trucks are. He said there the best cutters made better than there own MAC brand tools............

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(Zib @ Sep 17 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>DAMN POST NAZIS! Might as well delete any post that has a link that doesn't go to a sponsor's website.

I think it's a conflict of interest to have moderators that are also sponsors.

Wasn't me. The only other mod in here who's a sponsor is Chef, and his buisness is not one of fishing tackle. So it's not a conflict issue, it's policy.

It's a gray area, as we do want to support sponsors- Angler's Point, Jimmy's, 9 Mile BP, etc, but at the same time it's not reasonable to not ever anywhere mention Thorne's, Musky Shop, Cabela's and so on in normal conversation. So what we've settled on is that they can be casually mentioned in conversation, but not a direct link, banner, ad, or some other means of taking you to their website. It's not perfect, but it's a compromise.

Take bucktails for example. We can talk all day long about Musky Mayhem, Spankys, Mepps and whatever, but but not a link to their sites because it's not just me, but also Bob in the bucktail business and Bob being my friend more than my competition (I can't compete with Bob in bucktails or good looks.
), I'm looking out for him too, if I were I to kill a hyperlink to one of those other websites. But you can link to Bob's site all day long as he's paid for that right.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I wouldn't suggest using the lineman's pliers. They are pretty bulky and you won't get them in tight places. Not to mention what Will stated, they are diagonal cutters. In my mind this is not a area to skimp. Buy the best and get the results you are looking for. OR you could go cheap and replace them every year or so (which would cost more in the long run).

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(RJT @ Sep 17 2009, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wouldn't suggest using the lineman's pliers. They are pretty bulky and you won't get them in tight places. Not to mention what Will stated, they are diagonal cutters. In my mind this is not a area to skimp. Buy the best and get the results you are looking for. OR you could go cheap and replace them every year or so (which would cost more in the long run).

Exactly. This is a place, like a net, to do it right. I drilled a hole in the handle of mine and have a lanyard on them, because if you're going to drop them, it'll be overboard when the fish thrashes and runs a treble into your hand.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Ive cut through nails and rebar with the kleins and the knives are just as sharp as they have ever been. They are less bulky and more dexterous than a mini cutter, they will get in tight spaces even better with the angled head. Cuts a 4/0 hook no problem. Its not just any diagcutter its tougher than nails

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.