Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're probably taking the kids PIB the weekend before, but thinking about a Thursday-Sunday run someplace so we can be back for the Sunday-Monday parties. Grand Bend? Lexington? any other ideas?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Probably heading up to Port Huron, Lexington, maybe across the lake to Goederich & Grand Bend, Canada. The weekend before we are going to PIB, Kelly's Island and Cedar Point, that's always a blast and a half

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
either
a- working at a party in hamtrammck for the festival at kraukus (danimal's family's restaurant)
b- going up north to houghton lake
c- boat heuring with someone

·
Registered
769 Posts
I might as well not go to work that week. My vacation starts 9-9. I dont think ive ever had a 2 day work week. Ill either be on my boat or in jail, im going to kill the guy thats supposed to have fixed it if its not done this week.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would anyone, besides Zman & Pandora who are already going to be on Lake Erie for the week prior, like to join us?

How 'bout a trip to Grand Bend?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Unfortunately, one of my good friends decided to get married in Las Vegas over Labor Day weekend. <_< Tried to convince her to switch dates but she already put down a deposit at Ceasar's Hotel. The good thing is that my girlfriends and I are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel. What a cool place.
On Sundays they have a Rehab party (for those who need to rehabilitate themselve after partying all saturday night). It's about as close as you can get to being out in the Moot on a weekend.
Hey Dave, you need to bring the raft to the Hard Rock's pool, I'm sure you will have no problem filling it up with hot chicks with butt floss bikinis!

So whatever you all do, have a great time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Aug 10 2004, 10:56 AM)How 'bout a trip to Grand Bend?
How long is the ride up to Grand Bend from lets say... Harsens Island?

I like Grand Bend but I've only stayed there on land (Hotels and the Pinery). I want to take a trip by boat but right now I'm in a 22 ft cuddy cabin that won't accomodate a weekend trip, in my oppinion. I'm looking to upgrade in the next year or two, what size boat do you guys think is comfortable for weekend trips like that with one or two couples on board? 26-28 ft cruiser?

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(Sugar Water @ Aug 10 2004, 05:51 PM)QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Aug 10 2004, 10:56 AM)
How 'bout a trip to Grand Bend?
How long is the ride up to Grand Bend from lets say... Harsens Island?

I like Grand Bend but I've only stayed there on land (Hotels and the Pinery). I want to take a trip by boat but right now I'm in a 22 ft cuddy cabin that won't accomodate a weekend trip, in my oppinion. I'm looking to upgrade in the next year or two, what size boat do you guys think is comfortable for weekend trips like that with one or two couples on board? 26-28 ft cruiser?

If we average say 30mph, and the weather cooperates, about 3 hours.

As for the size of the boat, I guess that all depends on your tolerance levels. I've got a 41' & my first mate says its claustrophobic!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Aug 10 2004, 08:01 PM)QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Aug 10 2004, 10:56 AM)
cruiser?

As for the size of the boat, I guess that all depends on your tolerance levels. I've got a 41' & my first mate says its claustrophobic!

30 mph
What are you thinking???

We are cruising at 40-42, right?

Steve, you and Robyn can look at buying our Moose Boat!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Aug 10 2004, 09:12 PM)QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Aug 10 2004, 08:01 PM) QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Aug 10 2004, 10:56 AM)
cruiser?

30 mph
What are you thinking???

I was answering THEIR question!

FINE, YOU can ride on a 22 cuddy at 40mph for 3 hours across Lake Huron!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks foor the response Instigator and Moose, i wouldn't attempt that trip in my 22' either. I've boated all my life, granted I'm only 23, but my experience is limited to Lake St Clair only. I look forward to venturing out into Huron, Erie, and beyond once I've got a boat big enough t o take me there safely.

Moose, you are right about weather blowing up. The worst storm I've been in was last year's 4th of July. I don't know if any of the rest of you happened to be in Muskamoot when that happened but i was very thankfull to be rafted up with the rest of boats around the z-man.

·
Registered
319 Posts
QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Aug 10 2004, 08:12 PM)QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Aug 10 2004, 08:01 PM) QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Aug 10 2004, 10:56 AM)
cruiser?

30 mph
What are you thinking???

Hey!!......I got a great deal for you!!!!!

If your wife can get me a job where she works, I will save and buy your boat!!

Then..............you guys can buy a bigger boat!!!!

Sounds like a good plan to me!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.