Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did anyone do any good on perch and walleye this weekend?
i drifted out by 27 marker, then out from the 400 club, then by grassy, and by 9 mile , trolled, changed colors and no hits at all on the harnesses. except for a few rock bass.
i finally got into some perch on sunday evening around 5:00, ended up with 20 keepers.
i think its about time to change to minnows for the perch, please let me know if anyone did any good, i would really like to get some walleye soon, only caught 7 so far this year and that was in one day within a few hours.
had one musky grab a perch by 9 mile on the way in, but she let go after a few seconds, but wow, what a run!

thanks everyone, hope your weekend was better than ours haha

·
Registered
241 Posts
I also went out on Sunday about 5:30pm and went straight out to the first two buoys coming out of the Middle Channel. Was about 100 yards east of them and caught 2 walleyes that were 17 and 19 inches on crawler harnesses. Then caught 2 smallies, 2 sheephead and 1 perch that was about 9 inches. Finally the rain just became to steady and had to go in.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Only fished Sunday. Only boated two eyes, and had to work hard for them. Caught them both on white #3 blades. We were by the #30 buoy. A friend (who really know what he's doing), with four or five guys on his boat also only caught two. So I think the eyes are just about done for the season. There were lots of boats out there... and I didn't see many landing nets being used.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Was out Saturday morning, 2 of use caught 6 walleye between 26 and 28 (closer to 28) drifting with the wind about 1 mph (usually start trolling at this speed). Using crawler harnesses, can't say color mattered but used rigs with floats on them. Went out Sunday for perch, ended up in Canada SE of the weather buoy. Only managed 25.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts