Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
MJ - I know it's not near you but there's a girl at Edwin Paul Spa in Grosse Pointe Woods that does a good job. I've never been brave enough for the bikini yet, but some friends use her.

Just don't do it yourself - my friend just bought something over the counter and she's SO bruised! Let a trained professional do it!

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I have an appointment to get buffed up like '67 buick at Magic Touch Salon on 13/Harper today @ 2:00.

I'll let you know how it goes.

little nervous, it's my first time

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Never had a wax, not brave enough either.
Pintura Salon/Spa 18 Mile / Garfield is good, I get my hair cut there. They are a full service salon. 586-263-0010

*Anyone ever get Laser hair removal? input plez!?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
After a couple of years of waxing, I went with laser. It's not painless, but neither is waxing. The best candidates for laser are fair-skinned, dark-haired people. You need a cycle of 3-5 treatments a month apart (because your hair grows in cycles).

Regarding the pain, the sensitive areas hurt the most (underarms, hands and feet), but it's not unbearable. The woman who did mine was quick and she'd stop and take a break if I asked her to. I'm thinking about going back for another area.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(BoatChic @ Mar 9 2004, 12:50 PM)*Anyone ever get Laser hair removal? input plez!?
I've had laser done Stacy and was not that happy with the results.

~ it's expensive
~ if you have any tan whatsoever they have to turn down the settings so it's not that effective (meaning you have to go back again and again)
~ it you do decide to do it - go to a place that guarantees hair removal

I'm on my 10th visit for laser removal, but didn't have to pay for the last 4 because it was guaranteed to be gone after six 7-week interval sessions

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Mar 9 2004, 12:59 PM)QUOTE(BoatChic @ Mar 9 2004, 12:50 PM) *Anyone ever get Laser hair removal? input plez!?

~ it's expensive
~ if you have any tan whatsoever they have to turn down the settings so it's not that effective (meaning you have to go back again and again)

I'm on my 10th visit for laser removal, but didn't have to pay for the last 4 because it was guaranteed to be gone after six 7-week interval sessions
Thanks Shan & Christine. i was pondering laser bikini area.

MJ - 1st b'kini wax for you?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(Evil Shot Girl @ Mar 9 2004, 12:39 PM)... Let a trained professional do it!...
ooo how do I get that job?!

hmmmm, on second thought I would want to have to do a brazilian wax on someones grandma.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Mar 9 2004, 12:49 PM)Send Wiz there for his back.

ROTFLMFingAO!!!!!

sorry, this is a girlie thread...but after reading all the female peeps opinion on male circumscisn, this thread perked my curiosity

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
I got a Brazilian wax once.....

I am NINJA....hear me scream!!!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(BoatChic @ Mar 9 2004, 01:06 PM)QUOTE(Shandog @ Mar 9 2004, 12:59 PM) QUOTE(BoatChic @ Mar 9 2004, 12:50 PM) *Anyone ever get Laser hair removal? input plez!?

~ it's expensive

Thanks Shan & Christine. i was pondering laser bikini area.

MJ - 1st b'kini wax for you?
yup. i'm excited!

i'm going to call around and set an appt for thursday..

the pain doesn't bother me. its the fact that some strange woman is going to be doing this. ahhah

G

·
QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ Mar 9 2004, 01:08 PM)QUOTE(Evil Shot Girl @ Mar 9 2004, 12:39 PM) ... Let a trained professional do it!...

hmmmm, on second thought I would want to have to do a brazilian wax on someones grandma.
Please tell us you meant to type "wouldn't", otherwise I might have nightmares...

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Ken Neeley @ Mar 9 2004, 01:10 PM)I got a Brazilian wax once.....

I am NINJA....hear me scream!!!

WTF is this? Do you get your cajones dipped in wax or something?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Mar 9 2004, 01:15 PM)QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ Mar 9 2004, 01:08 PM) QUOTE(Evil Shot Girl @ Mar 9 2004, 12:39 PM) ... Let a trained professional do it!...

Please tell us you meant to type "wouldn't", otherwise I might have nightmares...
awww crap! yes thats what I meant.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
MJ, try 400-600 mg (2-3) Nuprin about 45 minutes before you go. It will help with the pain (which doesn't last) and with any inflammation.

Nada at Artistic salon on Livernois, north of 16 mile is who I went to.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Call Marilyn at Reflections Salon in Harrison Twp.
586-465-1811
she is the best! I am very very picky about my waxing. Ask DD or Manana II, she is very good and reasonably priced.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
We men listen well...

11 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)
All Jacked Up, Capt'n Mike, Pandora, Capt'n Rob, Goose, RED HOT ONE, damn yankee, Cadmonkey, XO, Spur, HazyMemory, Bill272

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Mar 9 2004, 01:49 PM)We men listen well...

11 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)
All Jacked Up, Capt'n Mike, Pandora, Capt'n Rob, Goose, RED HOT ONE, damn yankee, Cadmonkey, XO, Spur, HazyMemory, Bill272
<_< Aww man...........BUSTED!!!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shannon-

Let me know how it went this afternoon.

I set up an appt with Magic Touch. seeing it's somewhat on my way home...

hmmm what do i wear when they do this?

how kinky.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts