Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year I have a yearly event in June and people from out of state come to enjoy the Lake St.Clair area. I usually try to take them to a different location around the lake every year and this year I thought I'd run down the Detroit River out to Lake Erie, but it's a area I'm not familar with for boating bars that serve food. Put in Bay is too far considering we leave out of St.Clair,MI., so does anyone recommend something close to the mouth of the Detroit River on Lake Erie or is there basically nothing there?

We did Jack's last year, but would like to go all the way down the Detroit River this year.

Also I know there's a bar that does a Bloody Mary breakfast on St.Clair I just can't think of it offhand. Was thinking of hitting there in the morning before heading out, but wasn't sure if they could accomodate 15-20 boats at a time nor do I know which place it is.

Thanks for any help offered in this matter and Merry Christmas to all my fellow St.Clair boaters.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
The river's long, but if your up for the ride, there are a hand full of places in Wyandotte <--Sp?) Also, opposite Belle Isle is Sinbads. You can go to their top deck and sit outside looking over the marina and off to the island. The food is very good, and the nostalgia of the restaurant is an interesting story to tell.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Portofino's in Wyandotte would be a good choice. I haven't been, but there is an area in Toledo called "The Docks", that have some restaurants that I think you can get to buy water. Think its a steakhouse and mexican place.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Pepper Joes in St. Clair for the bloody Mary breakfast?

Sindbads in Detroit, Portofino in Wyandotte. There used to be Pier 500 in Wyandotte, but I'm not sure if that's the same name. The Detroit River is no wake on the US side; I don't know if that will screw you up or not. If your people have passports, you could consider some places on the CN side. Lilly Kazilly is at the south end of the lake by the Detroit River. The Sandbar on the Puce River is good and the Lighthouse restaurant just in the Thames is good, too. Further down the river on the CN side is Duffy's restaurant.

That's what I can remember at the minute...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts