Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm knew to this board and I wasn't sure what forum I was supose to post this in so I posted it in a couple different forums. Hope no one minds.

I have a bass tournament on Lake Cadillac in Cadillac Michigan. Coming up this weekend.

I have spent countless hours now trying to figure this lake out. I've heard it can be great and it can be tough.

After all those hours on the lake I have only caught maybe a handfull of bass and nothing was bigger than 2.5lbs.

I've talked to the local bait shops in an atempt to get some insight but nothing so far has worked. I've tried everything and nothing seems to be working.

Can anyone give me some guidence? Whats the secret?

I heard that some 20+ and 30+ stringers come off of this lake. Does anyone know if this is true or was the guy at the bait shop full of it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like this lake has stumped all of you as much as it has me. 35 hits on 2 different boards and no replies?

I have been doing alot of research on this Lake. Talked to alot of locals and bait shops in the Cadillac area. The same persons name has come up on several occations.

Supposedly this guy ( Anthony Adam ) has brought in some remarkable stringers on this lake.

I have been trying to locate this guy for 2 weeks with no luck. No one seems to know his number.

Does anyone out there know this guy or how I can contact him?

Thanks,

basspro

·
Registered
927 Posts
some say he is a myth, an angler created in the minds of others as a hero. the one man who could conquer the lake.
this film has not yet been rated.

actually, i know him. he is my pal and tournament director. he is on this site also, im sure he wouldnt mind giving you some insight once he reads this post.

i will call him and tell him about it and if he has time, i will ask him to reply.

madman himself

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
OK first I know your new but you should be carefull putting ones full names up on the board some people do take offence to that.
I am not one of those people and since I have made my name known before I will say it is ok this time.

The person your looking for happens to be me.

Thanks Madman for bringing this to my attention.

Now to answer your questions.

I take it Laura Lee at Laura Lee's Landing on Lake Cadillac has sent you my direction.
Yes it is true Cadillac CAN produce some huge stringers. Cadillac is home to alot of 5 and 6 pound bass but I wouldn't expect any to come to the scales in August. Most of those fish are caught in May, June and late Sept.
The key word here is CAN. Cadillac is one of the toughest lakes to fish in August. I suspect that it will only take around a 3 pound average to win it.

I am curious...... What organization are you with? What day is the tourney on? How much are the entry fee's. Is it team or singles? and how much pay-out could I expect if I showed up?

Just kidding .....Unless its a sunday tourney?

Any how early August is the toughest time to be on this lake. Very few limits will come to the scales. Someone will find them, someone always does on this lake. My guess is it will take a mixed bag of small and largemouth bass.

Suggestions, On Lake Cadillac try the drop line on the south east side of the lake. On Lake Mitchell try the 10 foot weed flat on the west central side of the lake. Big Cove and Little cove on Mitchell can produce plenty of 2lbs bass if you know how to get them out. Fish it real slow and really pick at it and you should do fine.

If you would like more information please feel free to contact me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I must oppologize I never thought that putting a persons name up might offend someone.

I hope you dont mind but I sent you an e-mail asking for a little more info.

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to thank everyone for helping me to locate fish on what proved to be a tough lake. Thanks to Madman for letting FRL know I was looking for information.

Special thanks to FRL, your a class act and a heck of a nice guy.

Thanks for taking the time to answer all my stupid questions. Your guidence helped me to finish 3rd overall. It's nice to see a fishermen who is willing to give up a few spots & techniques in order to help a struggling angler.

Thanks FRL!

Anytime I can return the favor let me know.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Anytime ! ..........and your welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts