Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Lake Cumberland over the weekend and had a GREAT time! I recommend everyone head down there.

However.....it just wasn't the same as a Lake St.Clair party, let me tell ya!!

I MISSED THE MOOT!!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Can't wait to hear all about it. There better be pics. You missed one of the BEST weekends in the moot though!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm going down there Aug. 23 to the 27.

Kinda a last horah of the summer before good ole' Oakland University starts up.

What are you taking this year Laura??

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Is this the place were you can rent a big house boat?

I so want to get a group together to do this!!

Can you imagine LSCN renting out a few house boats!

We would party alllll nigggghhht looonnnnggg!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Question for you, I have been reading on an Offshore site that they are giving boaters a real hard time, and do not allowing any alchol on boats at all. They were saying that they have been boarding all sorts of boats even houses boats. A lot of the local guys that boat there regularly were saying they were staying away or being real careful. Did you see any of that.

We went to Cumberland a few years back and rented the biggest house boat with a hut tub on the top deck. We brought some ski boats, and I had one of the best vacations ever. So I was real dissapointed to hear this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was just at Lake Cumberland over the 4th of July, and I can guarantee that they did not care at all that we were drinking on the boats. We rented the two largest houseboats available, and brought 25 partyballs and 20 cases of beer with us, not to mention the liquor. I don't remember seeing one boat that didn't have some type of alcohol being consumed.
Even when one of my friends got pulled over at 3:00am on his boat after drinking, all they did was a field sobriety test, and when he decently passed, they told him to go straight back to his houseboat and stay there for the night.
I would say the most crap we got was from the people at the docks because it was the first time the boats were ever being used and they were scared we were going to party a bit too much
Overall, i highly recommend going down there for a weekend.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Go for a week and take a ski boat. Used to do it anually with 3 or 4 house boats. Just kinda got out of it now.

·
Registered
380 Posts
QUOTE(Ms PatriYacht @ Aug 12 2004, 09:56 AM)Question for you, I have been reading on an Offshore site that they are giving boaters a real hard time, and do not allowing any alchol on boats at all. They were saying that they have been boarding all sorts of boats even houses boats. A lot of the local guys that boat there regularly were saying they were staying away or being real careful. Did you see any of that.

We went to Cumberland a few years back and rented the biggest house boat with a hut tub on the top deck. We brought some ski boats, and I had one of the best vacations ever. So I was real dissapointed to hear this.
The county that LK Cumberland is in, is a dry county. There is no selling of alcohol allowed.

HOWEVER, it is not illegal to POSESS alcohol in the county.

So you can posess, just not purchace.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ Aug 12 2004, 08:52 AM)Is this the place were you can rent a big house boat?

I so want to get a group together to do this!!

Can you imagine LSCN renting out a few house boats!
dude, i would so be in!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, we're going there this weekend!! First time there! I've heard the stories though

Good idea to possible try & plan a trip for next year!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts