Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Hot+Tot's,,,, Gold with black stripe on back. But light line is a bonus.

h2o<---says you will slay them

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks H2O I do happen to have a few of those in the tackle box. Never run heavier than 8 pound (even for salmon) on any of my rods so that is not a problem.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I`ve always done good using `tots in anything mettallic. Gold w/black back is always good as is rainbow mettallic and purple mettallic as well. If you plan on going to michigan waters soon, I`d hold off as the water was fairly dirty and with these forecasted easterlies it will only stir it up even more. I don`t foresee getting back out there till maybe tuesday. What a cruddy spring we`ve had. When you go, make sure to post your results. Good fishin to ya.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Don`t foresake bottom bouncers with harnesses either. A very effective presentation. I got em last time out on a glow in the dark perch pattern harness. Try using Berkley Gulp instead of a real crawler too. They are more durable than the real thing and hold up to trash fish alot better. Spoons off dipsies and down riggers are another option, although i haven`t used spoons, I`ve heard anything with pink on it has been gettin em.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Use a 4" green tube with 1/4 jig head.
I couldn't keep them off the hook this past weekend. I wish i would have kept them for proof to the DNR that tubes catch more then just bass!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts