Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing some homework on new (less crowded) inland lakes to fish this spring/summer. Has anyone ever fished Lake Nepessing near Lapeer? Is the lake busy with recreational boaters? Is there alot of fishing pressure?

I hear the bass fishing is very good, and I heard a rumor that there are Tiger Musky.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I haven't fished it in many, many years, but it was a really good bass lake and I caught my first keeper tiger musky there way back.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I fished a few times. Nice Bass and unless they have all been taken some good size Tiger Muskie. I got one 20 plus several years ago. Better during the week as normal for most lakes now. Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
you can email me anytime i know nepessing very well
and where the muskie are the bass and the crappie
they did stock it with walleye i have gotten some from there but dont think they were doing well in the lake.
lots of large mouth bass. they hold a Bass Tournament there every spring.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I was also planning to go fishing there this spring/summer. I just baught a boat and my parents live near there. I thought I would take my dad out fishing. I have never fished there but I have done some research and it seems like a real good place to fish. There is a campground on the lake; I was going to camp there and make it a fishing/camping weekend.

Shaggy

·
Registered
42 Posts
The bass fishing in my opinion is OK.
There are lots of weeds. The public ramp has limited parking, so sometimes it's tough to get a spot on the weekend. I think if you go to the campground, you won't have a problem.
There were tiger muskie, but I don't think I have heard of anyone catching one recently.
The boat traffic usually is no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts