Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
My name is Richard Rudisill -- I'm the editor of Lake Norman Magazine. I'm thrilled that Lake St. Clair is holding a raftup. Lake Norman has needed some healthy competition -- competing against ourselves every year runs the risk of getting old.
I'm posting this message because I'm planning on driving up to participate and take photos for an article my magazine will run next summer to get people excited about the friendly rivalry before our next raftup. Hopefully, Lake St. Clair will do it again next year too!
I would love to get on a boat with some of the Lake St. Clair boaters and experience the raftup from your point of view. If anyone has space available, please let me know. Also, does anyone know if there is going to be a media boat?
I'll get to Michigan late Friday night and be around all day Saturday.
Sincerely,
Richard Rudisill
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hey Rich

Glad you could make it up, I have a full load plus I am spending Friday night on the boat, but I'm sure someone can fit you in.

I'm also sure you'll have a great time.

Hope to see ya out there.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Richard, there is room for everybody! Come on up and we'll make sure you're taken care of. If you need a place to crash, I'll do my best to hook you up with a couch. There are so many people going to this event and I'm sure you won't have a problem finding a spot on a boat here. You all took care of Homebrew, the pictures were great and the curtisy will be passed on!
Hope to meet you soon

·
Registered
769 Posts
my mechanic said my craft should be up and running by friday night. You're more than welcome to hitch a ride with me. Give me a call if your interested. 586-709-7424 my name is James

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
WE've got room 10 minutes from the lake, and a ride on Pocket Guns...38' Cigarette Top Gun

Mike 586-286-0705, plus I am a photographer, I can help you out there too.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(miaphoto @ Aug 4 2004, 12:15 PM)WE've got room 10 minutes from the lake, and a ride on Pocket Guns...38' Cigarette Top Gun

the word "Pocket Guns" sounds funny to me for some reason?????

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Aug 4 2004, 01:01 PM)Richard, there is room for everybody! Come on up and we'll make sure you're taken care of. If you need a place to crash, I'll do my best to hook you up with a couch. There are so many people going to this event and I'm sure you won't have a problem finding a spot on a boat here. You all took care of Homebrew, the pictures were great and the curtisy will be passed on!
Hope to meet you soon

Dookie!

Richard, do ya need directions? If you need anything while you're here, just put up a post in here and peeps will take care of you!

When are you getting here? I'm sure that something will be happening Friday night, stay tuned!

Sorry that I can't commit to take you myself, my boat is in for repairs and until it's safely back in my possesion I'm not promising anyone a ride--I'd hate to have to cancel on them if the dang thing is not ready. <_<

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Glad you are coming up! I have several boats going out Sat. morning. You are more than welcome to join one of us as well if something doesn't work out with the rest of the group. PM me or call 586-292-1770.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Isn't that sooooo nice of us to offer....just wait, this post will go on and on and on.....

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Aug 4 2004, 12:18 PM)QUOTE(miaphoto @ Aug 4 2004, 12:15 PM) WE've got room 10 minutes from the lake, and a ride on Pocket Guns...38' Cigarette Top Gun

In reference to a poker hand. Two aces in the hand (down cards).

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(miaphoto @ Aug 4 2004, 01:26 PM)QUOTE(Dookie @ Aug 4 2004, 12:18 PM) QUOTE(miaphoto @ Aug 4 2004, 12:15 PM) WE've got room 10 minutes from the lake, and a ride on Pocket Guns...38' Cigarette Top Gun

In reference to a poker hand. Two aces in the hand (down cards).
Also known as: Pocket Rockets, Bullets, American Airlines...that's all that I can think of!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Not to be confused with Pocket Pool.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I wish I could offer you a ride after all the hospitality I received at LKN, but alas, I am but a lowly boat whore myself. Looks like you've already got a hook-up though. Let us know whose boat you're going to be on & I'll at least stop by and offer you a shot or two.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 4 2004, 01:33 PM)Not to be confused with Pocket Pool.

Pocket Pool
. I knew that sounded familar!

·
Registered
9 Posts
HI ALL

I really appreciate the kind "northern hospitability" (that is not in dictionary) you guys are showing. I didn't expect such a reception from the Yankees. That is almost like here in south (or in Canada where I was living before moving here in Charlotte.)

We are planning to have a LKN record keeping celebration party this Saturday. We'll party even if you somehow happen to have more boats in to the raft than we did. If so, we'll beat that next year.

I don't know, how you are going to count the boats. I proposed earlier a good swimmer who can count to 150, but you might have something more sophisticated in mind. Anyway, at some time of the day you must have an "unofficial count" available and we would really appreciate if someone could call us that. Who? When?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(FinnFun @ Aug 4 2004, 09:33 PM)HI ALL

I really appreciate the kind "northern hospitability" (that is not in dictionary) you guys are showing. I didn't expect such a reception from the Yankees. That is almost like here in south (or in Canada where I was living before moving here in Charlotte.)
What a smarty panCe you are!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Aug 4 2004, 10:59 PM)QUOTE(FinnFun @ Aug 4 2004, 09:33 PM) HI ALL

What a smarty panCe you are!

They dont wear Pance down south--they wear PANTS!!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts