Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
WHOOOOO-HOOOOOO, There were 4 boats in the tournament.$115.00 per boat plus $10.00 for big bass. Only paid out 1st place @$250.00 First place was I think 10.55 lbs for 5 and big bass was around 2.5 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First place paid back $225. Big bass was $40 plus a $50 gift certificate from Wonderland.

Sorry there were only 4 boats. We have made every effort to promote this series with fliers at local tackle shops, postings here and on the NBAA site. From what I am hearing, this is not the only inland series that has had problems drawing boats for weekend tournaments. We started this division because we felt there was a market for guys that would like to fish weekend tournaments on the traditional inland lakes, especially for the tins. I guess we need to find what it will take to draw more boats. Maybe some of you could help in that by emailing your thoughts and ideas. This could be just the growing pains that come with starting something new. Time will tell.

I hope you do fish again. I know that even though there were only four boats, I had a fun time with the guys that came out.

George Terrien
Director

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just to let everyone know George & Vic do run a good tournament I have only fished with them for 2 years and I have fished all the Saturday NBAA with them this year. The Saturday Motor City Inland will take off it is just a matter of time. The final 2 are : Lake Orion August 21 and Cass October 2nd. If you have never fished a tournament that these guys run you should try to make these last 2 so you can see the quality for next season 2005.

·
Registered
263 Posts
a few ideas.... is this a team tournament? if not, that may help. i won't pay $100 by myself for a tournament, but if that was split between 2 people, that would be ok. or just reduce the money to $50 for an individual tournament. also, i would have been out there fishing, but i cannot fish on saturdays, only on sundays. if the tournament was one day later on sunday, i would have been there. if there were 4 boats, all putting in $115 each, the payout should be much more than $225. there should be at least 90% payback, that is only like 50% payback. winner doesn't make any money at all, compared to what they put in.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind words eyecon.

Derek, the NBAA payback is broke down as such: we pay 65-68% back at the ramp with 12-15% going to the cost for the Classic. That works out to a total of 80% payback back to the anglers in one form or another. Standard for most angling circuits. The NBAA's classic is a great event held in the Spring which includes dinner and a Triton boat for first place, which cost money and this is how it gets paid for. There are two seperate Classics, one for the Weekend Series and another for the Weeknight Series. This year they are both being held on Kentucky/Barclay lakes this coming Spring. More details are on the NBAA website.

All NBAA tournaments, whether they are weeknights or weekends are team events. You are allowed to fish alone if you chose to.

At one point we did have some of these tournaments scheduled for a Sunday. We also try not to fall on the same day as a LSC NBAA too. Next year we will visit the option to have some a Sunday also.

Thanks for the input. Tell Gander they have to give you a few Saturday's off this summer.

George

·
Registered
109 Posts
George I just wanted people to know that all the directors of the NBAA do a great job, I also fish the Tuesday Night Division 36 and they do a great job as well. Check the standings this Friday and you will see there is a huge dog fight over thr top 4 places with only ounces of seperation. Keep up the good work. See you on the water Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts