Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
That doesn't seem so huge!!! Our gull island or that lake place that Jetski talks about seems bigger~just bc we dont' have one straight line doesn't matter, does it?!! I challenge them!!!

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
that would be an awesome event to try to plan, do it to raise money for charity, maybe $20 donation per boat, pick a weekend in the summer and plan for it now, send out flyers/emails saying we are going for the record

i think it could be done in the moot very easily

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
yes yes yes we could do this! for shizim mah nizim!

lake of the ozarks is jetski's place of debauchery on boats.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Count us in. Between this site and going to the press, I bet we could pass 1000 boats with no problem.

Proceeds to the SOSCL fund?
1000 boats, $20.00 per hull, that's at least $20,000.00 for the lights, plus sales of tee-shirts, coozies, ect.... to the LSCN to cover organizational costs.

I'd volunter my time to help as available.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I like Goose's idea about 20 bucks a boat and give it to Charity. Maybe even get a news crew out there to send out the "positive" vibe about the charity event sponsored by LSCN.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
in there press release section it says 703 was there old record and they broke that with 944 boats this past summer, so we would need over a thousand.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this should be an easy record for us too break at emerald city there is 600boats alone registered in the marina

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
QUOTEI like Goose's idea about 20 bucks a boat and give it to Charity. Maybe even get a news crew out there to send out the "positive" vibe about the charity event sponsored by LSCN.

Also some "Positive" press about gull island wouldn`t hurt either.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
This could be huge! I know for a fact we can beat the record. This may call for a Tuesday meeting at TnTs.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
How many people have multiple boats at their disposal too. BIG, me, JasonR, Pandora, Instigator, almost everybody has at least 2 boats around here if not more.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Nov 6 2003, 09:43 AM)This may call for a Tuesday meeting at TnTs.
As if we didn't already have reasons to meet there on Tuesdays.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'd be in for this one, Imagine all the beer that could be drank..........
. Not to mention the record that needs to be broke, We can do it.........

Rob

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Ok lets think about this. There has to be at least 1k boats at Jobbienooner. This is probably going over but with an average 10ft. beam times 1500 boats we would need a spot 2.84 miles long which can easily be reached in the Moot by curves.

But I always like to think outside the box, since we are known for the guantlet. I have something different in mind and much bigger. Everyone knows we can demolish there record with little to no effort but lets say we take 2500 boats and make the longest guantlet which would be two rows of boats and still beating there record @ 1250 boats per line. That way the Z-man can actually say we are taking the line alway to the light houses and mean it. AAAAAwwwwwww Sshhhhhhhh##@ttttt

Does anyone know a guess of how many boats make it out to Jobbienooner?

Do you think we can accomplish this?

Just my .02

·
Registered
954 Posts
J/N has way over the 1000 boats. If we do this I am in I have 2 of my boats. We just can block and channels. I agree Gaulent in a "U" shape.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts