Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and B.P. went for a 2 day trip using Tim Haleys guide. Nice equipment and ice huts. Ended up bringing back about 80 keepers. Biggest was 13 inches, most around 8 or 9 inchers. Was fishing near Thorah island in 40 fow. The flying glow in the dark rapala did the best.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nice - I have always wanted to go to Simcoe and try it out

QUOTE(rjm @ Feb 28 2010, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Me and B.P. went for a 2 day trip using Tim Haleys guide. Nice equipment and ice huts. Ended up bringing back about 80 keepers. Biggest was 13 inches, most around 8 or 9 inchers. Was fishing near Thorah island in 40 fow. The flying glow in the dark rapala did the best.

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE(rjm @ Feb 28 2010, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Me and B.P. went for a 2 day trip using Tim Haleys guide. Nice equipment and ice huts. Ended up bringing back about 80 keepers. Biggest was 13 inches, most around 8 or 9 inchers. Was fishing near Thorah island in 40 fow. The flying glow in the dark rapala did the best.

yeah i love simcoe been going there the last 5 or 6 years i go to port bolster. yeah its more promising than genos but moere expensive too! we just rent a house n pay randy to take us and our equipment out there. nothin like fishing lake simcoes hardwater!

·
Registered
684 Posts
We went to Simcoe last weekend. We stayed at the peninsula resort and rented their huts. Fishing was decent and we probably brought back a couple hundred decent sized perch between 5 guys and threw that many more back. We had several around 10-11 and a few in the 13 range, but the guys that had their own sleds and were heading out about 5 miles were killing us. They were bringing back some perch that were so big they looked deformed and were only keeping the biggest for some tournament, said a 50 limit for the day could have been had in about an hour out where they were.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts