Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
We made our second annual trip to St. Clair this weekend with excellent results. We hit the water at 6:00 a.m. Friday morning and had the first fish in the boat by 6:05. We went on to catch over 100 bass between 3 guys in the next day and a half. We blew out on Saturday ( literally) around 2:00 p.m. The weather got ugly and winds picked up big time. The bite shut down for us and we headed out before we got hammered on the water.

Best LM was 3.5 lbs and the best smallie we got was around the same. Tons of 2-2.5 lb LMs and lots of 2 lb smallies. I also picked up a 34" pike on a tube ( my personal best) and a 10lb channel cat on a baby brush hog. THAT was interesting. I thought I had a beast of a LM until I saw that big black tail swish through the water.

We stayed in the mile road area the entire time. The water was FULL of fish. We caught them on tubes, brush hogs, Shad Raps, spinnerbaits and a few on buzzbaits. LMs don't seem to be pressured at all up here and we took advantage of them. What a blast.

This is the second time we have come up there to fish and it won't be our last. You guys have a fanastic fishery up there and I am very envious of the lake. Fantastic fishing, good facilities and an easy to get to location. I can be on the water there in under 5 hours from my house down here by Cincinnati. I will be back in the future.

How is the fall fishing up there? When is the time to come back up? We always do a fall trip and we may just have to come back up there. Too nice.

UFM82A

·
Registered
440 Posts
The lake is a great fishery all year long. When you come back you might (or might not) have to work a little harder to find fish, but you can still catch a ton if you find the right areas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts