Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
3,291 Posts
"University of Michigan professor George Kling, lead author of the report, said, "Within only three decades, a summer in Illinois may feel like a summer in Oklahoma." If the trends continue, the report said, Michigan may resemble Arizona by the end of the century."

OK. For those of you about my age (not quite 40) see if you can remember this.

Only 3 decades ago I was about 9. I remember vividly having the sh!t scared out of me by all of the scientist of the day claiming that they believe another ice age was on its way and by the year 2000 we might not have a summer season at all. We had a few hard winters in a row back then and that is all it took for them to jump to conclusions. I firmly believe that there are those in the science community that put up red flags based on WAGS (wild a$$ guesses) just so they can beg for more grant money to "study it further".

Back here in 2003 it seams to me that the local weather forecast is not all that much better then it was 30 years ago. When they can consistently predict with 99% accuracy a 5 day forecast here in Michigan. Then I might listen to them when they predict what is going to happen in 30 years or at the end of the century, (97 years from now).

As low as the water is, the last time we hit record lows I believe was in the late 60's or early 70's It would be interesting to examine the weather records for 2 years prior and after that low period as a comparison.

I don't know about you, but the chicken little crowd is giving me a headache.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.