Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM GOING TO BE IN THE ANN ARBOR AREA FROM 8-8 TO 8-14. COULD SOMEONE RECOMMEND SOME LAKES FOR BASS FISHING? I FISH THE IBF AMD SW.MICHIGAN BUT HAVE NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO FISH YOUR AREA. I HEARD ST. CLAIR IS GOOD FOR SMALLMOUTH. THANKYOU FOR ANY HELP. ALL FISH CATCH AND RELEASE.
THANKS,JACK

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Yes Lake St.Clair is tremendous, the st.clair river, detroit river, and Lake Erie is what i think you should spend your time at. Lite line, Lite line, Lite line.

h2o<---says stay with 4lb+6lb. line. (FireLine smoke color)

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Yes Lake St.Clair is tremendous, the st.clair river, detroit river, and Lake Erie is what i think you should spend your time at. Lite line, Lite line, Lite line.

h2o<---says stay with 4lb+6lb. line. (FireLine smoke color)

Welcome to the Lake Saint Clair Network

·
Registered
927 Posts
confused. lake st clair is tremendous yet he should spend his time in the rivers or erie???

JACK, spend some time on the lake. pick up a hotspots map and look it over. one key area would be the mile roads. produces fish pretty much year round. the action might not blow your hair back, but it is pretty consistant once you find the right depth, lure. i would say start at 8 feet of water with tubes. anything in watermelon, IMO the flake doesnt matter a ton if you just want to catch fish. 12 mile would be a good place to start. hope for a north wind, this would get you better drifts, and work your way deeper as you prefer.

if you launch at harley ensign, be sure to stop in at lakeside tackle and talk to the boys, they always have the latest lake info and you can pick up the 'hot' clair colors there.

madman himself

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Madman he's spending 6 days fishing and all those places is what i'm saying. There connected. He's asking for more than one place and if it's windy like it will be when he's here at times it's good to tuck in a river where there's protection. Big smallies in the rivers this time of year can be some big excitement. St.Clair is just one option to many.

h2o<---is not confused madman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS VERY MUCH GUYS,I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP. IT IS ENCOURAGING TO SEE FELLOW FISHERMEN HELP OUT STRANGERS SUCH AS MYSELF. THIS WEBSITE IS 1ST CLASS ACT. DO YOU RECOMMEND ANY INLAND LAKES IN THE ANN ARBOR AREA?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Give Kent Lake in Kensington Metropark a try...it's a personal favorite of mine. It has a 10 mph speedlimit, doesn't have jetskiers, waterskiers, etc and is generally a very peaceful lake to fish. It produces quality fish, and, it has something for everyone (slop, drops, stumps, rocks, pilings, current, river bends, etc.).

There are also a few lakes scattered North of Ann Arbor along 23 that you could try (Like Silver Lake, Whitmore Lake, etc, but you may run into a lot of recreational traffic as well as the occasional sea plane).

And yes, this is a great board (unless the topic of local marinas, boat brands or fireline comes up...then...watch out! LMAO)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dont forget about Belleville lake in western Wayne county. It's a great lake for nice size smallmouths as well as largemouths this time of year. You just have to be willing to put up with jet skis and speed boats.
There is a tournament every Tuesday night starting at 5pm that is open to new comers. The entry fee I believe is $45-50 per team including big bass. The event is held at the DNR launch on Huron River Drive in Belleville.
Fordfreak

·
Registered
83 Posts
The Portage lake chain in Dexter wouldn't be a bad place to fish either. It's relatively small but has some big fish and a mixed bag. Lots of good structure and some good flats. Decent DNR launch but I believe it doesn't open until 8am. Can get busy later in the day but not as bad as some other lakes. Check it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.