Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a fairly accurate water temp. for St. Clair right now? I have searched the internet and none of the buoys are giving the data for water temp..

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Not trying to laugh but it's cold,, how's 32 - 33 degrees. Check this site.

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/cwdata/lct/glsea.gif

h2o<---says river area's feeding the lake a bit warmer. It's still getting pretty cold at night and no whoopty due warm up for at least 2 weeks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Somehow I knew it would be H20 with the quick answer. Sites not too accurate though, says satellite data is 19 days old. We have had some good warm-ups since the last data was taken. Why I ask is that around 46 degrees seems to be an ideal temp. for the perch to load up to spawn around the Coast Guard. Thanks for the help H2O but fear I will have to run the old thermometer down to the station and take some readings.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
It does say analaysis date 3/8/04 if that helps let me research a bit more.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I have that one saved into my favorites already. That was my go to site before all my launches last year so that I knew what I was heading into crossing the mile roads. Not to mention when I go down to Erie or over to Charlevoix. The data is very accurate from the buoy and only seen it go down one time last year. No big deal on the water temp. it is only about a 10 mile hop to check it out just being lazy.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Yes that site is excellent, It's not showing water temps yet. If taking a temp near the shore it can be a bit different than out there aways. The sun beats the water near the shore and there could be a big difference than out there aways. But you probably know that for sure. Hey take your pole and cast a bit and let us know what happens. And give a report here on the temp.

h2o<--- I tryed to help good luck.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! Here I thought I was going to be all innovative and tie my thermometer to the rod and give her a good heave off the pier then I check back here and you already had the idea in print. Where I plan to fish is going to be real close in towards the shore anyhow so there shouldn't be a lot of variation but you are right deeper water will stay cooler and faster moving water will be warmer all these factors and more have been included into the strategy. I should have the temp. results for tomorrows posting. Appreciate the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts