Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished @ 7:00 a.m. till 1:30 p.m. Caught 6lb. Carp, JUST FOR YOU MINI
5lb. pike,3lb.pike, 2lb. pike. That's all folks.

Had a blast with my son. Water very cold. Still to early where we were, seems to me last week of April than May. Water discolored from all the recent high winds. Nice day, little wind. Son got 5lb. pike! 29 inch's.

h2o<---a bit disapointed but had good quality time with son.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Way to go H2O, keep taking you son as often as possible. I did the same with my son. I even bought a boat like he said he wanted to fish out of and took him to Canada fishing but, sooner or later, they discover GIRLS. Over one winter when he was a freshman in high school he decided it wasn't cool to fish with his dad anymore and cooler to sniff after girls like all his friends. But, now we golf together a lot so all was not lost.

Just keep enjoying your son's fishing companionship as long as possible and keep the reports (even big carp and pike can put up a great fight) and the excellent fishing information coming into the site. A lot of us really get a lot out of it.

Jim

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old Man of the Sea; What a wonderful thing to say. Thank you very much. Most parents teach there babies to say Mama, dada, i taught my son Bass, fishin, get the net, got one, it's a keeper, oh yea FIRELINE and so on. LOL He was holding a fishing pole before a bottle.
I'll keep doing my best to teach and learn from this wonderful fishing forum we have. He's 21 now and even though girls are his life. He still has fishing with his dad as a primary favorite thing to do. All the work i put into him payed off. Now he drives gets the things ready humps the stuff, makes the coffee, sandwiches,buy's breakfast, ect. LOL . Now my 13 year old is on deck and when they team up, I sit home waiting for the cell phone call, telling me there report on the real fun there having.

h2o<--is luckie

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
banderas - that doesn't sound too bad!

My advice to everyone with kids would be to raise them to be fishing computer nerds. I didn't get married until I was 31 and that was only because she tricked me. (You know I could go done some bad roads here, but I'll control myself.)

As a teenager, I would be at the local lake with my jumbo tackle box fishing and older men would come down to fish, but slowly, subconsciously work there way to the other end of the shore are from me. It made them nervous to be around a teenage boy who had that much tackle and actually fished a lot.

"It's just not natural," I'd hear them whispering to each other anxiously. Sometimes, one would amble down slowly, warily and ask me why I wasn't out on a date or something. I'd just say something like, "I don't know. I guess cause girls make me queasy."

They never talked to me for very long. They'd shake their head and mumble something and sidle on back down the shore to the other men.

Ah memories. Yeah, fishing computer nerd - that's the ticket.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You guys are so lucky, I'm green with envy. Neither of my boys fish with (or without) the old man ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts