Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there again all you fishermen and women. This is Cory again with this weeks fishing report.
For the most part fishing has been slow in the middle areas of Lake St. Clair, but has been picking up after the cold front passed through.
Walleye are still being caught on crawler harness of a wide range of colors. Most popular ones are orange, white, and pink right now, but any bright color would be good. Areas of catches include the Dumping Grounds at the mouth of the Detroit River mainly trolling, West of the Shipping Channel about 1/2 mile in about 14 foot of water trolling, Southeast of Metro Beach appr. 2 miles out in 15 feet of water trolling and drifting.
Yellow perch are very productive from Buoys 26 through 30. Perch rigs are being used and crawler harnesses with the same colors as the walleye ones. Depths here range from 16-20 feet. Ideally 18 feet if you can get it and still fish when you find the school. On the Canadian side in Mitchell Bay has been a hot spot also.
Smallmouth bass and largemouth bass are being caught along the mile roads from 13 mile down to 8 mile. Most of the depths are in the 5 feet range and shallower. Tube jigs and spinners are being used most commonly. Colors are mostly preference, but natural colors and white have been most popular.
Northern pike are still just being picked up when fishing for walleye and muskie right now so nothing really to report.
Muskie are all being caught on the Canadian side right now if you can get over there down by the Thames River.
Good luck this week and hopefully everyone can get some fish. All launches are open so go and have a great time. Thanks, Cory.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Thanks Cory, always informative. I was out Sunday and managed two toothy critters before the wind blew me away. My planer boards were diving under when I finally called it quits. Too bad as I was marking lots of fish by the dumps and GPY club area. Fish were all deep - deep as you can get in that area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts