Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going up to Gaylord to snowmobile and try some ice fishing. Any suggestions of lakes to try? I have heard of Otsego tried it in the summer never winter and Bradford Lake? Never tried it at all?
Thanks In advance!

·
Registered
927 Posts
otsego is good ice fishing, but heed the warning. thin ice is bad. thick ice is good just dont ask the locals where to fish, tried that a few years back, they put me on the sand bar. so needless to say, after drilling through 6" of concrete (ice) i had to pack it all up and head in til the next day

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try in front of the state park. Between 200' and 500' out the water is 7' to 12' deep. Thats a good spot for walleye and panfish year round. My parents have a house on the lake so I fish it often. You can also stop in at Dons bait shop, He'll give you honest advice. Theres alot of walleye in that lake. Good luck. Be safe!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quote:

Originally posted by fishon:
Try in front of the state park. Between 200' and 500' out the water is 7' to 12' deep. Thats a good spot for walleye and panfish year round. My parents have a house on the lake so I fish it often. You can also stop in at Dons bait shop, He'll give you honest advice. Theres alot of walleye in that lake. Good luck. Be safe!
I did good there in the summer in that spot, I will try it again in the winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts