Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bud lives by lakeville, I wanted to try it one day this week.

Has anyone been out there?

Is the fishing/ice good?

Wheres is there a public launch?

Any known bad spots I need to avoid.......that lake is deep.....dont want to go through.

All info about it would be nice,

Thanks

·
Registered
992 Posts
I thing the public access is off lakeville rd just west of rochester. I know there are some deep spots out there and a lot of crappie. Let me know if your going to head out that way, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

·
Registered
430 Posts
not sure what the road is called im having a brain fart. but if u were to be comming from romeo and ur on this road eventualy it dead ends at the lake. then you make a left and there is a pretty nice launch likr right there. ice fishing was never good 4 me. did catch some perch and some crappies but the pike fishing is the way to go. i had a decoy down there a few years ago and i had pike after pike come in but no spear! lol but ya hope this helps any. water is normaly crystal clear and lots of weeds. if you stay in that smaller bay by the launch u can typically see bottem every where you go. but i guess when you get to the main part of the lake it gets deep out there and i guess there is a current that you have to look out for.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My dad and i where out there about 3 weeks ago. The launch is on the south side of the lake on Rodchester Rd.the ice was 10 inches thick. the fishing is steady if you like to catch dinks and was non stop for 4 hrs. we only caught a couple keepers. lots of gills and perch. also there are some nice pike in lakeville. 65 feet max depth and 460 aches i would use a quad to get around and fish where the water comes up from the deep. water clarity is great and you can see the fish in swarms. i hope this helps you good luck and tight lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts