·
Registered
11,681 Posts
what's a landing craft?

boy, am i curious!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Dave, Big Shawn has some from the top of Z Man's boat. I haven't seen them yet and he had to go to Chicago for work. I'll get them to you whan he gets back. Post one of the pics you have of it in the well so CK knows what you're talking about.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
This is the only one we got of your "landing craft" - our 8 year old was in complete awe and "mesmerized" to see this. He ended up taking both of us over individually to show us the "army" boat as he called it.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
When I read "landing craft", I right away thought of this:

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
I walked by it. I thought that thing was pretty darn cool looking!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
How old is that thing?

Was it used in battle?

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I seen it too. Pretty cool!
Didn't have to worry about someone bangin into the sides of that thing or runnin aground!

·
Registered
51 Posts
it is a 1967 lcvp, landing craft vichele personel, it was assigned to the uss inchon, a helicopter air craft carrier. i know its been to vietnam, through the panama canal, getmo in cuba, liberia, lybia, lebanon, somolia [black hawk down], gulf war one, kosovo.
the purpose of it was to land marines on the beach and support them with helicopters from the carrier.
it is the exact specs as the earlier version from wwII just this one is fiberglass with armor plate. if you watch the start of saving private ryan you can see them in the back ground.
i intend to restore it to its origional condition and use it to storm beaches [ i will need a crew for that]
i'm keeping it at my shop next to the crews inn.
if anyone wants a ride let me know
you can see it on the side of the ship pictured

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Can you post some pics of it in the conditon you have it in now? It's hard to tell what it looks like from the one stern pic.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I'll borrow my dad's full Vietnam uniform and we can storm a beach. That would be cool.

·
Registered
531 Posts
careful going around Selfridge, you could be mistaken for a terrorist.

hey does anyone remember that movie 'the Russians are coming, The russians are coming!". Maybe you could storm the beaches at metro....

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Aug 19 2004, 08:01 PM)How much trouble do you think you'd get in if you landed it at the beach at metro?

Can you imagine the peoples' reactions who are laying on the beach and see that thing coming? It would look like a scene from a Jaws movie or something.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I just hope I'm there to see it!!!
The people at Metro would think you are terrorists and the Gull people would be asking where's the keggers, lol.

Hey, Edbdboat, I remember that one <_<

blazmarine1, classic~that thing is a keeper!

Oh, this is Lisa
not on my puter, hehe.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts