Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

landing craft

3K views 57 replies 18 participants last post by  'theGWAP' 
#1 ·
i took my landing craft on it's miaden voyage to the l.s.c. raft. did anyone get any photos??

#3 ·
what's a landing craft?

boy, am i curious!

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is the only one we got of your "landing craft" - our 8 year old was in complete awe and "mesmerized" to see this. He ended up taking both of us over individually to show us the "army" boat as he called it.

#8 ·
I walked by it. I thought that thing was pretty darn cool looking!

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
it is a 1967 lcvp, landing craft vichele personel, it was assigned to the uss inchon, a helicopter air craft carrier. i know its been to vietnam, through the panama canal, getmo in cuba, liberia, lybia, lebanon, somolia [black hawk down], gulf war one, kosovo.
the purpose of it was to land marines on the beach and support them with helicopters from the carrier.
it is the exact specs as the earlier version from wwII just this one is fiberglass with armor plate. if you watch the start of saving private ryan you can see them in the back ground.
i intend to restore it to its origional condition and use it to storm beaches [ i will need a crew for that]
i'm keeping it at my shop next to the crews inn.
if anyone wants a ride let me know
you can see it on the side of the ship pictured

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE(rerun @ Aug 19 2004, 08:01 PM)How much trouble do you think you'd get in if you landed it at the beach at metro?

Can you imagine the peoples' reactions who are laying on the beach and see that thing coming? It would look like a scene from a Jaws movie or something.

#20 ·
I just hope I'm there to see it!!!
The people at Metro would think you are terrorists and the Gull people would be asking where's the keggers, lol.

Hey, Edbdboat, I remember that one <_<

blazmarine1, classic~that thing is a keeper!

Oh, this is Lisa
not on my puter, hehe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.