Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for my annual eye exam last week & as usual, the Doc says he needed to change my Rx.

Rather than purchase the lenses through the Doc, I just take the Rx & order them through 800-CONTACTS.

I just tried to order my new RX & found that my Rx is too strong, I will have to order them through my Doc.

I called the Doc & he wants $250/set!!

I think it's time to seriously consider the surgery . . . but I want to hear your thoughts & experience, please.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I had it done about 4 years ago by the Michigan eye care Institute in Southfield. I'm still seeing great at 20/15.
I personally think it is the best thing I've ever done.

My wife had it done at Dr Bitemans about 2 years ago and she is also at 20/15.
It's pretty expensive but my personal opinion is my eyes are worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I know three people that had it done.....Two of them swear by it......The

other had a bad doc.....And it didn`t take....Now shw still has glasses and has to

have it done again but has to wait before they can do it.....

My advice......You only have one set of eyes....If you are going to do it.....don`t

go to a discount doctor........You get what you pay for...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I had it done about 3 or 4 years ago. I went to dr. Tafor over in Windsor. Best thing I ever did. I would definatly recommend it.

And don't be afraid, the smell of flesh burning (cornea) isn't that bad.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I had it done almost 3 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. I also have 20/15 vision. I had mine done through IKON Laser out of Windsor, but had the actual surgery at 16 & Stevenson. I have two girlfriends that have had it done and also my mother-in-law. No problems.

It is so nice not to have to wake up and fuss with contacts or wear glasses anymore. Highly recommend it!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ Dec 17 2003, 11:48 AM)Call me a wuss, but I am too scared to have someone messin' around with my eyes.

Your a wuss

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info everyone, please keep it coming!

Has anyone else used someone local for the procedure?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Totally painless during and after surgery.
Would highly recommend DR. Biteman (spelling?) and or his associate.

Had mine done 2 years ago, super results.
After you have it done, you will ask yourself why didn't I do this sooner.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I had mine done through Metropolitan Eye Centers in St. Clair Shores. Dr. Mertz did mine. He was awesome!
I see 20/10, and was as blind as a bat before.

One of the best things I have ever done, and if it had cost me $20k, I still would have done it...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
If I had the money, I'd do it in a second.

I did just get that bonus. Hmmmm....... <_<

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Dec 17 2003, 11:55 AM)Thanks for the info everyone, please keep it coming!

Has anyone else used someone local for the procedure?
Steve, talk to A-ron (aaron) he just had it done last week.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I probably should have asked this up front . . . what'd you guys PAY?

Hammer . . . Aaron is the one who got me THINKING about this!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I paid $1500 for both eyes. (they charge per eye)

The only discomfort was right after the surgery. Felt like someone threw a handful of sand in my eyes, friends said the same thing. They give you pain killers and something to help you sleep, which they suggest you do when you get home. They also tell you NOT to try and focus on anything, just keep your eyes closed. I recommend going on a friday morning, that gives you plenty of time for your eyes to heal for the next day. Plan on spending most of the day sleeping. Someone will have to go with you and probably help you eat and such. But basically No pain, just a little discomfort.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I piad over $3000, but that was 4 years ago, I'm not sure about current prises but I'm sure it's alot cheaper now.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
QUOTEJABBERJAWZ Posted on Dec 17 2003, 11:48 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call me a wuss

You're a freakin' WUSS!!!!!!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(samson @ Dec 17 2003, 02:05 PM)QUOTEJABBERJAWZ Posted on Dec 17 2003, 11:48 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call me a wuss

You're a freakin' WUSS!!!!!!!!
All one does is ask . . . and THERE you ARE!

THAT's the kind of guy I'M talkin about!

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I paid $3400.00 for the surgery...He was comparable to Tafor and the Windsor Laser Eye Center, but the only difference was that metropolitan was the only one who would give me a lifetime guarantee for "touch-ups" or enhancements... I had a dual astigmatism, and no one else would guarantee...

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Steve~

Aaron had his eyes done at the Beitman Laser Eye Institute 1-800-826-3937.

He loved it...I had to pick him up and everyone was very nice there. It was a very quick procedure, I am thinking of getting it done in the future!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the lasik eye surgery done almost two years ago and I never had any problems. The following day after the surgery I could see clearly without wearing any glasses. It was great!!! I highy recommend it.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts