Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see yesterday I hit the water after that big boomer rolled off the lake to chase some eyes. for a couple of hours I hit 18 FOW toward the north end of the shipping channel (american side) with a BB & some harnesses. I caught a bunch of dink perch and a couple of nice smallies.
Another crazy lookin storm looked like it was gonna roll through so I ran up the south channel and dinked around tossing bass stuff along the shore line till it passed then headed back out a little further south toward the light. Right around sunset I had a double header by myself....THAT was fun. I still manged to to land both. a 15 and an 18 incher. The bigger fish hit the BB with a chartreuse harness and the 15 hit a purple harness - 3/4 oz weight run about 45 foot back. My speed was around 1.3 - 2 depending on the wind & big honkin waves.

I headed for harley just after dark. What I didn't realize when I came back out of the south channel is that the tank was just about on E. Thankfully I had just enough to make it back. That was scary. When I filled up the boat today I put in just under 50 gallons in a 50 gallon tank! I'll be paying much better attention from now on!

When I got home the 'eyes were still alive in the well. So it was truly fresh fish for dinner. 'bout 10 minutes from floppin to the oven...MMMMMMM that was tasty

Today I hit the south end of the lake around 1pm. I launghed from crocker. Trolled 14 - 16 FOW with harnesses & inline planers. Chartreuse ended up being the color today. I caught a largie and bunches of dink perch. I kept 2 eaters 'eyes (around 18 inchers) and 2 decent perch. 1 eye on a long line the other on a board. The perch were both off boards. 20 foot back with a 3/4 oz weight.

All in all rough weather but if you can stand it there are walleyes & perch to be had!

I didn't both taking pics either day. It was so rough I figured I'd end up dropping the camera or dumping it overboard. Though I can get a couple of pics of the filets I now have....hmm might post those

If it wasn't for the get together tomorrow I'd be back out to see if I can't get enough to have a walleye/perch dinner waiting for the Ole lady when she returns!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Nice report. Good job staying safe out there. Can't wait to meet you and the others tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.