Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mini

I'm sure they hired a high price attorney to try to sue everybody that they could find associated with that person. It's like suing the bar tender who served the drunk too many drinks. Although he didn't drive the car (or in this case the boat), he was directly related to why they were there at that time and place.

The guy who didn't have insurance on his boat probably doesn't have a pot to piss in. Therefore with no insurance company to sue they have to find someone to pay compensation. That is what has become the American way.

Although I may not agree with it, I can understand where they are coming from.

There is absolutely no $ amount high enough to ease the pain of losing someone.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mini

I don't know if I'm reading this right but I think it said he was on the way back to another ramp after the tournament ended. When he was questioned he probably said he was coming back from a tournament and that opened the door.

I hope that this isn't a precedent.

Btw

Don't most tournaments make you sign disclamers that they will not be held responsible for your actions??

If not they probably will start soon.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Madman

It really depends on what these people do with the money they get from such lawsuits. You can tell what kind of people your cousin's family are. Lets just hope these people who lost the little girl use ther compensation ( assuming that they will receive some kind of dollar amount) on something useful like boating safety issues rather than "getting rich" off such a tragedy. In the case of your family that is why we have lawyers, to pay for undo expenses, not to twist the laws so we don't have to work anymore. It's a shame we have lawyers who try to sue for such rediculous amounts just so they can get their percentage!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.