Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
i read the article. i dont understand why the tourney organization would be involved. its too bad that a young girl lost her life,
that is obviously tragic. and dont you have to have proof of insurance ( liability ) to fish in organized tournaments? every tourney i have fished wanted proof of insurance. if you hear anymore on this, let me know, i am intersted to see how it plays out.

madman himself

·
Registered
927 Posts
lawyers are ruining this country. people are " sue crazy" these days. i heard that there are more people in law school right now than there are lawyers ( dont know how true that is), but it is sad that someone lost there daughter, but i dont see how money can make the situation any better. i have lost close friends and relatives and no amount of money could change the way i feel about not having them around anymore. my cousin was severly injured in a boating/jetski accident, my aunt and uncle sued the people involved but only to cover medical expenses that they could not afford. my cousin in doin ok these days ( less one kidney and with one hell of a scar, but otherwise fine) but they arent rich now because of it. they only sued for the cost of the medical bills. and as far as the fat people sueing mcdonalds, thats just sad....

madman himself

·
Registered
927 Posts
good point. hopefully they will use the money in some way to support boating safety or anything related. i ddint really think of it like that. also, now that i think of it, i am not so sure that the victims are the ones asking for the $$$, in most cases ( from what i have heard ) the lawyers tell the families what they think they could get and go from there.

anyone seen the commercial with all the lures and what they pulled out ( fish wise) across the usa, they show a spinnerbait, and some other lures, but at the end it shows a big metal claw tied to a rope and says the claw thingy pulled out x amount of anglers from lakes across the us last year. good commercial, makes a great point. wear your vests. its the smart thing to do, but you all know that already.

madman himself

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.