Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are gonna sue the owner of the boat and they guy who took those people out that capsized.

Your thoughts!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am truely sorry for the misfortunes that occurred during this accident. But does it warrant a lawsuit?

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Absolutely ridiculous! According to the interview, he warned him that only x number of people could go on that boat! Frigg'n Feiger.

I wonder if he didn't have the proper disclaimer paperwork though. Maybe since he was a regular, he didn't waste time with all that? Just a thought.....

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ May 26 2003, 10:06 AM)Absolutely ridiculous! According to the interview, he warned him that only x number of people could go on that boat! Frigg'n Feiger.

I wonder if he didn't have the proper disclaimer paperwork though. Maybe since he was a regular, he didn't waste time with all that? Just a thought.....
The best case for Fieger

·
Registered
531 Posts
Detroit News 5 26 2003 body found in river Likely missing boater

QUOTESunday, May 25, 2003

Wayne Briefs

By Detroit News staff reports and wire services

Comment on this story
Send this story to a friend
Get Home Delivery

Grosse Pointe Park

Body found in river likely missing boater

The Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office has yet to identify the body of a man recovered Saturday afternoon near a Grosse Pointe Park marina. Police say the man pulled from the Detroit River may be Bruce Cain, 24, who has been missing since May 18 along with 10-year-old Lamont Evans. The two were last seen in a 14-foot rented fishing boat on Lake St. Clair with three other people. The boat had stalled and was taking on water when it flipped. The three others were rescued.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
WHY NOT!!!!
THERE MIGHT BE INSURANCE, THEY HAVE FUNERALS TO PAY FOR! THE ADULT IN CHARGE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ May 27 2003, 10:50 AM)WHY NOT!!!!
THERE MIGHT BE INSURANCE, THEY HAVE FUNERALS TO PAY FOR! THE ADULT IN CHARGE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER!
I'm confused, Joe. You are saying the guy who rented it should have known better, but they should still sue? Which side of the fence are you on?

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ May 27 2003, 12:15 PM)QUOTE(Taxman @ May 27 2003, 10:50 AM) WHY NOT!!!!
I'm confused, Joe. You are saying the guy who rented it should have known better, but they should still sue? Which side of the fence are you on?
WHICH EVER SIDE HAS THE $$$ TO GET

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(Madmax @ May 27 2003, 04:32 PM)QUOTE(garydebs @ May 27 2003, 03:26 PM) The owner of the boat I hear DID tell them...
How He can prove it ?
I'M SURE THE RENTAL AGREEMENT HAS A WAIVER! JUST LIKE WHEN YOU GO SKING, BUNGE JUMPING........YOU SIGN YOUR RIGHTS AWAY! BUT! THE CAPTAIN HAS DUTIES......THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THAT THE PERSON WHO RENTED THE BOAT WOULD HAVE COVERAGE UNDER HIS HOME OWNERS POLICY!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts