Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To me it would be July and August, reasons, surface weed floaters, heat, bugs, recreational boaters, sking, jetski's, to much activity.(but that's ok). Fish are deep.

h2o<--knows anytime fishing is better than sitting at home, but if you had to choose what are they.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Well H2o your not always right. Some fish are deep in July and August but I catch a ton of fish on surface baits in those two months. These are the two months that the fish are really more active then other times. They have to feed more often when the water gets warmer. Without weeds your without fish. Bob

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I know Bob july and aug. are good it's the reason's i said that makes me feel that way. I just hate the surface weeds that hinder my bait that's all, and heat and bugs, not to mention the recreation going on. Your right as usual.

h2o<-- says that's on clair and i'm getting older. lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with the dog days of summer being the least enjoyable. I hate those darn nats. Without a decent breeze, those little bugs will drive you crazy. They always seem to find thier way onto your sandwich, into your drink, and up your nose.
And floating surface weeds are another spoiler for me.
In my opinion, even when the fish are snapping, mid summer offers a lot of other problems that can ruin an outing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts