Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Leather Seat Repair

968 views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Capt'n Rob 
#1 ·
Recently, I accidentally carved a nice gash in my Eldo's front driver seat. I would like to either replace the seat or get the leather repaired along with a slightly worn arm console.

Now is the chance to plug anybody that repairs leather seats at a reasonable cost.

Any recommendations would be greatly appriecatied...

Thanks!

#4 ·
QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ Dec 19 2003, 10:22 AM)Shelby Auto Trim
40430 Mound Road (@ 17 1/2 Mile RD)
Sterling Hgts, Mi 48310
586 939-9090.

They did all the upholstery for the dealer I worked at, and also they did some work on my boat. They do a GREAT job.
I went there for a quote, $650 bones for the seat and the console. I thought that was a little high.

I'm looking for the guy working out of his garage that needs the side cash and exposure.

#5 ·
someone put a nice, big scratch in the passenger side of my leather seat in the Saleenamobile...I need someone to fix that also...let me know if you find someone that will do the job inexpensively.

#6 ·
Unfortunately with seat repair, this kind of stuff is going to be expensive. It's an art to replace and/or repair these items. I don't think you'll find anyone willing to fix these inexpensively, and if they do, the result will be a repair that you will not be satisfied with. I had to pay alot too when I had my boat cushions fixed, but the repair was well worth the money.

Just my .02

#7 ·
rob i know a guy that does this for a living and has set up to do out of his house he made all the seat covers for my boat and also restores stuff like vinly tops and seats on clasic vehicals. and leather repair. his name is tony. phone # 313 231 2217
pager #313 840 9717. hes little hard of hearing so you may have to speak up a little on phone.

just tell him i gave his # to you. and ask for a quote.

#9 ·
I deal with alot of trim shopswhere are you from.....Also if looking to get it patched

instead of full recover...Dr Vynal....don`t know the number .....He is a friend of my

brother.....does great work on vynal and leather.

#11 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Dec 19 2003, 12:40 PM)Want my recommendation? Don't be such a reckless bastard.

Thanks Jim.

#13 ·
QUOTE(bobrob @ Dec 19 2003, 11:07 AM)rob i know a guy that does this for a living and has set up to do out of his house he made all the seat covers for my boat and also restores stuff like vinyl tops and seats on classic vehicles. and leather repair. his name is tony. phone # 313 231 2217
pager #313 840 9717. hes little hard of hearing so you may have to speak up a little on phone.

just tell him i gave his # to you. and ask for a quote.
Bobrob, I used your recommendation and couldn't be any happier with the result and the quality of craftsmanship.

Tony replaced my entire lower leather drivers seat and leather console for $250.

Tony's Convertible Tops and Custom Upholstery. "We Sew Anything".

Page him at 313-840-9707 if you need any work done.

#14 ·
Cool glad to hear that.. he is pretty good guy be prepared to talk a while when you get there though, he likes to show pictures of all the cars he has done before and talk but hes a really nice guy..

#16 ·
A C Trim on 9 mile in Eastpointe between gratiot and kelly. Maybe give them a try. We send our stuff over there every once in a while for burns and top repairs. Kinda a backyard lookin place for sure. Its closer to gratiot and on the south side. Theres a raggy lookin sign that has their name and I-94 service listed on it.

#17 ·
Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.