Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out all day saturday, about 13 fow in front of metro/day sail ramp.
caught about 12 perch, 8-9 inches, then around 1pm moved out to 14-15 ft.
here i learned a lesson, when fishing with two rods, do not leave a perch on for very long after you hooked it,
i set the hook on both rods almost at the same time, one felt small, so i fought the other one(rock bass unfortunatly) and went to grab the little one, DEAD WEIGHT, put some pressure on it and then all h#ll broke lose... fought this musky for about 10 minutes, under boat, front of boat, back of boat, then got her to the surface, jaw dropped on myself and the musky as the perch was spit out.
dropped it back down about 3 feet and WAM it came at it at lightening speed, but once again, fought for a few minutes and it was spit out.. after that she went away. what a fight though.
later that day the perch started hitting, along with a few small 14" walleye in the same area, must have lost 5-6 big fish on harnesses, may have been walleye also.
but once again, i fished with 2 rods and was able to land a 37" pike that grabbed the perch on the way in. took picture, got slimed and put her back.

hope this helps you out, seems like every trip i somehow accidentally hook into a musky.

good luck everyone

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Battle warrior you are, that prove's the old ticker is in good shape. What a great stress test. lol
What a great story! Can't wait to hear the next one as the saga continue's. I can see you peeling all over the boat as the predator had his way. Maybe Bob will put you in his next book. WTG Dgreif....

h2o<--says just fantastic

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have had a lot of scarred perch this year.
sunday i had a follow on a perch while trolling.
i saw the tail as he turned off.
you never know what's next.
good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts