1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I would if I wasn't stuck at work.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I wish I could. I don't think I'm going to see my boat for the next couple of weeks. Too much yard work to do.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wish I could. Working 10hrs a day m-f, and 8 on saturday.
AND the engine is out of the boat.
I'll be lucky to be in by 4th of July!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These answers are all too depressing. I want some positive feedback like: I will be out there by 5.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ Jun 6 2003, 10:13 AM)These answers are all too depressing. I want some positive feedback like: I will be out there by 5.
I would if I had a boat.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I will be out this evening. I have to work the Patrol boat tonight. I would love to get my own out but have to work tonight. Hope I don't see you out there.
I will be working out of St. Clair (city of) not sure who is working the other boats tonight. Have a great day wish. I sure wish I was not here in my office right now. Think my wife would be upset if I played hooky and did not invite her.

·
Registered
299 Posts
QUOTE(Gary864 @ Jun 6 2003, 02:21 PM)I will be out this evening. I have to work the Patrol boat tonight. I would love to get my own out but have to work tonight. Hope I don't see you out there.
I will be working out of St. Clair (city of) not sure who is working the other boats tonight......
And the question for the guys in brown...when do you think some of them can figure out how to back a SR or BW into the slip and not put it sideways(Algonac)? Can one of you guys thats a boater teach them?? I've almost lost a couple cans of Coke watching some of them dock

Tony

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I think I will actually get it in the water tonight! Woohoo. Not going to have time to make it across the lake and meet up with anyone though. If I had Gary's boat I'd be there no problem!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Super 7 funny you should say that.
I have spent many hours ATTEMPTING to teach the guy / girl to dock correctly. Every new person I have worked with this season can now dock a boat. With the weather being so bad I would spend the last hour of our shifts just pulling in and out of the wells in Algonac. They can now back the boat into the well without touching the steering wheel. It is a tough habit to break them of (steering while docking), most have not driven a twin engine boat until now. And yes I have had a few laughs with them, it is sometimes almost as much fun as going to a boat launch and watching.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Gary, with some of them you really have your work cut out for you then

if my neighbor is on his dozer or i'm on the little orange tractor...I just have to stop and watch, still waiting to see my friend Alfred(part timer) wheel one around. If he puts it in the mud or sideways...Thats what I need score cards..

Sorry, just poking fun, i've watch most of the guys and they do handle the boats very well, but a couple of them....can they just work the radios?

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
STOP IT! STOP IT!

I don't want to read all this lake talk while I'm stuck at work. *covers eyes* "LA LA LA LA , I can't hear you!".

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Admitting here that my best dockings were blowing in close to the docks and throwing ropes at whoever happened to be standing there!!!!

While in training, I nearly drove the boat right into the wall; and would have had the person coaching me not DOVE across the boat and grabbed the pillar with both arms!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jun 6 2003, 11:47 AM)Admitting here that my best dockings were blowing in close to the docks and throwing ropes at whoever happened to be standing there!!!!

While in training, I nearly drove the boat right into the wall; and would have had the person coaching me not DOVE across the boat and grabbed the pillar with both arms!
Women drivers.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jun 6 2003, 12:42 PM)STOP IT! STOP IT!

I don't want to read all this lake talk while I'm stuck at work. *covers eyes* "LA LA LA LA , I can't hear you!".

DITTO

·
Registered
299 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jun 6 2003, 03:47 PM)Admitting here that my best dockings were blowing in close to the docks and throwing ropes at whoever happened to be standing there!!!!

But with the learning come the fun..but slivers in the chest from a piling ouch
hope it was a steel piling then ya just get rust stains

And with that I think it time to go...have a good weekend all hmmm maybe a raft burger for lunch

Cheers
Tony

·
12,052 Posts
I'll be at beacon cove about 4:45. Should be on the water by 4:59.
I'll be heading down the detroit river to holiday harbor in Canada with a bunch of Sand Pointer's. WOO HOO!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts