Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to get together one day this week for some small game hunting? I really want to get out at least 2 days, and not alone would be best. I'm always eager to meet new people to get out into the great outdoors with.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Jan 18 2010, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd be in for thursday morning Mike if that was one of the days you were thinking.

Thursday morning is good for me, PM me and we'll iron out the details. wed, and thurs. both look good as far as weather, partly coudy and 31 on wed. Partly cloudy and 34 on thurs. the criiters should be out frolicking on both days after these past few days of cold and clouds. BTW, anyone interested in going, please tell me you have a scoped .22 or at least a .22 you're good with. Shotguns tend to shut the woods down after the first shot or two. Anyway PM me, and like I said, we'll iron out the details.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jan 18 2010, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i want to go but cant till sunday

sunday morning would probably work just fine for me too. I just have to remember to make sure to start bringing my camera out in the woods with me, I always forget it. I need to get some PETA offending pics, and with snow on the ground, cranial spray shows up really good. Oooo, here's a good one, this is my brother's creation from when we were up in oscoda last fall steelheading. We took a break and went squirrel hunting and this was one of our victims. My brother just had to pose him this way.

Ughh! Ya' got me...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Swimin Scott @ Jan 18 2010, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I got nothing but time so let me know when you want to go

My time is pretty much free too, so I'm free to go just about anytime...just let me know.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
QUOTE(rubbnsmoke @ Jan 18 2010, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jan 18 2010, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i want to go but cant till sunday

sunday morning would probably work just fine for me too. I just have to remember to make sure to start bringing my camera out in the woods with me, I always forget it. I need to get some PETA offending pics, and with snow on the ground, cranial spray shows up really good. Oooo, here's a good one, this is my brother's creation from when we were up in oscoda last fall steelheading. We took a break and went squirrel hunting and this was one of our victims. My brother just had to pose him this way.

Ughh! Ya' got me...

Thant's freakin awesome. With the corn in the mouth and all. lol.

Well my client changed the floor plan all up on me so I gotta start over starting.... now. Bastage. I was halfway done with the prints! Regardless that means unless I get crazy work done I'm out for thursday, but in for sunday.

If I get crazy work done, which is my plan, I'll make thursday happen. This, unfortunately, I will not know til Wednesday. I'll let you know regardless. I also have your #.

And I would be taking my bow... I got some old arrows I can molest. I think I may also take my Buckmark. Maybe. See holw crazy I feel.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still lookin' to go, talked to Scott earlier this week, we need to iron it out and we'll defiantely have to get out. I know Hook wants to get out Sunday. Fishnchicks has shown interest too. Let's go kill some critters.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Sunday I was planning on meeting up with wallysteve at bald mountain and do some critter hunting know quite a few places there to go. If anyone wants to meet out there let me know.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jan 20 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sunday I was planning on meeting up with wallysteve at bald mountain and do some critter hunting know quite a few places there to go. If anyone wants to meet out there let me know.

i might be up for it on sunday we could always go to my place to

just checked the weather for sunday
: lake orion 60%chance of rain....

: drydon 60%chance of rain....

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, sunday definately doesn't look very good as far as the weather goes. I'm thinkin' tomorrow morning is going to be good. I might head out even if I have to go alone. I'll try calling Swimmin Scott in the a.m. if I'm going.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
The weather is suspose to be fine until the pm. I wanna take my 7 yr old.

How do you guys hunt for them. As a kid in ky i would stalk them but i only hunted in the fall when the leafs was on. One of my budy says he still hunts them.

Also my.22 needs sited my 12 is good to go but i would like to let my kid shoot at one if it is legal with the .22

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I prefer the .22 option myself. It doesn't seem to disturb the woods like shotguns do. After a couple blasts from a shotgun the woods seem to shut down. .22's seem to be a whole lot more stealthy. I like to still hunt them myself, spot n stalk, I get great results calling too. I get the best results with a "Mr. Whistle" distress call made by "Haydel's". Used properly, the squirrels just can't resist at least answering and giving away their location, then you can sneak in and stalk into shooting range. At least half the time there's some that just can't help investigating to see just who's getting killed, I've had them come running in. That's when I snipe em' with a headshot.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jan 20 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jan 20 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sunday I was planning on meeting up with wallysteve at bald mountain and do some critter hunting know quite a few places there to go. If anyone wants to meet out there let me know.

i might be up for it on sunday we could always go to my place to

just checked the weather for sunday
: lake orion 60%chance of rain....

: drydon 60%chance of rain....

I would be fine with that too. What about you Steve? Bill's place isn't much further than the range. I don't know if the range is open on sundays anymore though. you might want to check on that one. Winter hours are a little different than summer ones. I know they don't open till 10 a.m. now

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Is a .22WMR too much gun? I've been wanting to properly initiate mine since I bought it years ago (it's only punched paper and plinked). I would be up for a weekday hunt - just have to work around the kid's school schedule. Been almost forever since I hunted squirrels (usually just took 'potshots at 'em while out rabbit or grouse hunting).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts