Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(EMS @ Feb 1 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>will we all fit on your boat?
Thanks for the Invite!

If we're gonna go that route, we'll have to take your boat!

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a feeling fuel is only going to get worse, so it's now or never!

Life is short. Burn fuel!

QUOTE(Sheamus @ Feb 1 2010, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I like the idea but unless fuel gets down to $1 per gallon I can't afford a trip to the rock.

QUOTE(SKUZA @ Feb 1 2010, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sea Ray
Where land ends life begins!

Why are you on the wrong side of that line?

That would be a sweet trip to do especially with a group. The bad thing is the fuel.

We were on our way back from Canada. I stopped on the line, and we drifted back.

View attachment 71577
View attachment 71578

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Dos mangos @ Feb 1 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think I may need to stop for gas more often than your chart shows, lets do it !
Longest leg, 123 miles.

QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Feb 1 2010, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(EMS @ Feb 1 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>will we all fit on your boat?
Thanks for the Invite!

Count us in !!! (on Robs boat)

You guys are funny!

QUOTE(mark352 @ Feb 1 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the fuel is one issue
but time is mine
Just start saving up your Mondays!

Come on guys, we're not gettin' any younger. Gas isn't gettin' any cheaper. And the predictions are for global warming, so that means summers are going to be getting colder for the next decade. We need to do this!

But, then again, maybe I just expect too much of my boating friends. I just assume swimming in three Great Lakes, or traveling 200 miles, are single-day events for everyone. Maybe some like an oil change to last a couple of seasons.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Was shredding old receipts the other day and found a fuel receipt for early 1998. Gas was .97 a gallon. Filled the 88 K-5 Jimmy I was driving then for twenty bucks. Most expensive one I saw in that stack was 1.07.
Never see that again...

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(SOSCLhistorian @ Feb 1 2010, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Was shredding old receipts the other day and found a fuel receipt for early 1998. Gas was .97 a gallon. Filled the 88 K-5 Jimmy I was driving then for twenty bucks. Most expensive one I saw in that stack was 1.07.
Never see that again...
Sickening, isn't it!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'm game. I just don't know if my little 24 footer would make it that far. When were you thinking about going??

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I might be up to tow up there and meet up with a group. I'm looking for some "other lakes" to boat in, but i'm going to have to mitigate fuel costs by trailering a long way.

I eventually want to do the entire great loop. On a jet ski. Figure 3-4 trips I could split it up and make it manageable.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(Numbskull @ Feb 2 2010, 05:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm game. I just don't know if my little 24 footer would make it that far. When were you thinking about going??
Probably the last week of July, into the first week of August.

I think it stinks that a few hundred miles equates to a small fortune in fuel! Thank you very much enviro-wackos! Ruining quality of life, day by day...

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
I've plotted the route a few times. It would be about 3 days up and 3 days back. Plus the time there and delays for weather. I'd want 2 weeks to do that trip. But my unintended job change knocked me from 4 weeks to 2 weeks of vacation. Guessing it will be a few years before we can take the time off for that trip.

We are planing on PIB and the Cove this year though. And maybe a weekend in Sarnia/Port Huron.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm getting some negative vibes from the Admiral, so my matching funds might be in jeopardy.

I might have to go alone on the Nova!

Much like the groundhog, if I'm on the boat and I see my shadow, I'm ready!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts