Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year a friend went to a website and pulled up a live cam for Lex Harbor. Can anyone help me out here. I figure if I see other peeps on the ice, it should be safe enough to give it a try. Too far to drive for a looksee. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE(rivrat @ Jan 2 2010, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Earlier this year a friend went to a website and pulled up a live cam for Lex Harbor. Can anyone help me out here. I figure if I see other peeps on the ice, it should be safe enough to give it a try. Too far to drive for a looksee. Thanks!

The webcam at Lexington doesn't actually show the harbor, the webcam a t Port Sanilac does and is interactive, you can pan, tilt and zoom. I'll post the link.

http://69.215.193.121/top/liveapplet.html

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
QUOTE(bigfisherman101 @ Jan 2 2010, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dont look like anyone is out there to me.

Not today, there was 4 guys in two shanties yesterday though. I know it was 4 guys because I saw them leaving, I watched them pack up their gear and pull their shanties to shore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went to Lex harbor abot 4:00 and walked part way to the break wall seen two guys out by boat launch on buckets...went to the launch about 4;30-5:00 and they were gone but on guy showed up and drilled some holes about half way to the open water and he told me there was 4" of ice.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(panfry @ Jan 2 2010, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I went to Lex harbor abot 4:00 and walked part way to the break wall seen two guys out by boat launch on buckets...went to the launch about 4;30-5:00 and they were gone but on guy showed up and drilled some holes about half way to the open water and he told me there was 4" of ice.

Thanks! Am I stupid or what? Heading there in a few! The Lions suck almost as bad as the weather today! I'd rather b fishing!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4in + of solid ice. The wind was rippin...DUH! Vis was 2ft at best. Talked to at least 6 guys and a big NADDA. Had two bumps and not one fish. One thing I will say is the condo worked great in the wind. LMAO at a guy runnin after his portable blowing twards open water. He got it. If he didn't, it might not have been so funny. Still had a good time w/ the little rat. C U on the ice next weekend! Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.