Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I incurred a rather nasty foot injury (heavy object fell on it), and am unable to put on my waders without aggravating it, and don't want to soak the bandage it's wrapped in. It's almost impossible to line up the boat on my cheesy trailer when pulling in without wading.

I was wondering if anybody knows where I can get those lightweight bootless waders one can slip under any sort of shoes, preferably somewhere near W side Detroit or LSC.

I would think they might be easier to slip on while the injury is healing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
are you talking the 14' Alumacraft, i have the same but a 16' and have that problem if i back it in to far, if its got rollers up the middle i put the top of the middle roller at the surface of the water and use the crank and never get foot wet and it reduces the swing of the back of the boat once you set the boat on a roller,,

with that being said, what about just a garbage bag or two to get you back in service again? i know its cheesie, but a quick fix. coming from a *******, duct tape and garbage bags fix any leak lol

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I don't think you want bootless waders. If you are walking in them without a boot on you WILL eventually put a hole in 'em. I have experience in this....

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
A good, heavy duty garbage bag on the one leg and a hip boot on the other might do the trick. Yeah, I thought of that one, too. And it is true those waders don't last long, though I'm only considering them as a temporary measure, and for summer (cooler).

I wear long pants and long-sleeve shirts whenever it's sunny for sun protection. Reflection from the water aplifies the effects of those UV rays.

It's really, really hard to get the boat on the rollers of my trailer ... even when wading, but the trailer does the job, however poorly.

If you can't fix it with duct tape, it can't be fixed...

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE(gimmeteeth @ Jul 22 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's really, really hard to get the boat on the rollers of my trailer ... even when wading, but the trailer does the job, however poorly.

you have a set of those white guide poles on the trailer? helps with those pain in the butt center roller trailers, they can be made cheap with pvc and u-bolt clamps, i have a pvc bender but you can also bend them to fit with a propane torch heating slowly.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
If you're near a medical supply store, check with them. They could have something for a foot.
Years ago, I had a 16 foot chrysler runabout. It was a real pain to get on a trailer straight. I finally got mad enough to change to the slide on bunks. Best move I ever made with that boatYou could also check with your phamacist for a foot covering. Good luck

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies and suggestions, everyone!

But the question's now irrelevant because it's already improved to the point I can get the regular waders on with no problem. Even went out to check out a show yesterday. Still don't want to go fishing in the rain until the dressing is removed, so it looks like a no-go for today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.