Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know this lake? If so, I am looking for some fishing spots and recommendations. I will be up there tomorrow. Thanks

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've never heard of Little Manistee Lake. There's Manistee Lake, Manistee River and Little Manistee River all in Manistee County. There's also Manistique Lake and South Manistique Lake in the U.P. near Curtis. I've checked all of my resources and can't find a Little Manistee Lake. Where is it located?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It must be Manistee Lake. I thought that is what it was, then a guy I am going with told me it was Little Manistee Lake. Apparently he was wrong. I told him the map says Manistee Lake. Oh well. In any case, I am referring to Manistee Lake up by Kalkaska. Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
If this is the Manistee Lake located on Co 612 between Kalkaska & Grayling, I have fished this lake a few times a year since 1985. In the past, walleye were abundent when they were being planted on a regular basis. Nowadays, it's pretty weed infested, and the walleye are harder to come by. The methods I use today are...I will drift or pull myself along with electric trolling motor along the weed edges and weed pockets casting a husky jerk or a small Mr. Twister (silver metal flake in color). This will usually get you a few walleye (15"-18") and a few crappy (12" +). In the evenings, you can also get them sitting near the hole with slip bobbers and leeches. If you want to catch some large mouth bass, you can go under the culvert and into the back canals throwing husky jerks also. You can also get a map for this lake from fishweb.com or the Michigan DNR site with the lake maps. If you have more questions, shoot me a pm.
Her are the links:
http://www.fishweb.com/maps/kalkaska/manis...lake/index.html

http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/SPATIALDATALIBR...TEE_LAKE_V2.PDF
Later,
Hotwired

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just One More -- You might also want to try fishing Tippy Dam Pond while you're up that way. It's in Wellston. It's the flooded backwaters of the Manistee and Pine Rivers. Can get boats at Camp Mana-Pine. Very picturesque -- as all land is owned by the power company so there's no building on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts