Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hear the ice cream truck making it's way down the street. I run to the room for some cash. All I find is a single $1 and $20's. Knowing that I'll be buying somthing over a dollar and less than $20 I grab a couple of quaters. That ought to do it I thought. Go outside to meet up with my trusty man in the blue van. That's when a group of 5 kids come running out of the house across the street. 2 from there, 2 from down the street, and 1 unknown kid. I of course let the kids go first and a couple of them get what they want and the others can't get any due to strapped cash. Me being Mr Jon from across the street I fire down the $20 and tell the kids to all get what they want I'll buy it all........the 2 from down the street grab there stuff and run.....no thank you and the older girl from across the street had to tell the other 2 to thank Mr Jon. What is this world coming to? I saved the kid from breaking his $2 bill and got the others got ice cream and only 1 thanked me.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not to mention the kid that was walking in the street the other day. When I pulled right behind him he looked at me for a while before he even thought about walking to the side of the road. Like I was driving on the sidewalk or something.....

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
yeah, no manners being instilled in kids today.
kids are playing play station, instread of outside sports, baseball ect.....

that was very nice of you Mr Jon.
I used to the same thing, but now all the neighbor hood kids are older.. 14-16 .

some kids are lil b*stards, and and are thinking we are all stupid, and bothering them, verses thinking we are older, smarter, and have cooler toys !

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I know, some kids can be downright ROTTEN!

When i was doing the garage sale a bus drove by and a girl about 13 decided it would be cool to scream Bi!ch at me.
It took every thing i had not to yell back but i had to hold it in. Our sign was up and had to maintain the integrity of the rescue.

Some more kids passed later and shouted "we support what you do" that made me feel so much better

I hope i never find my (future) kids ever being that disrespectful.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Next time they ride their bikes past your house just blast them with the hose.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ May 22 2003, 06:41 PM)Next time they ride their bikes past your house just blast them with the hose.

yeah, that is hilariuos !!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
God, you guys sound like a bunch of grumpy old folks!
Trust me Eddie they will remember you! Next time the icecream truck goes by I wouldn't be suprized if you had 'em camping out on your lawn.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(The Warden @ May 22 2003, 07:19 PM)God, you guys sound like a bunch of grumpy old folks!
Trust me Eddie they will remember you! Next time the icecream truck goes by I wouldn't be suprized if you had 'em camping out on your lawn.
your right! i guess that's just what happens when ya get old

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(The Warden @ May 22 2003, 07:22 PM)A good time to blast the ungreatfull little buggers with the hose!

what might work better (to avoid a lawsuit) is boobie trap the sprinkler! set it to go off as soon as they are campin out

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Mmmmmm! Ice Cream!...

·
a.k.a EZC
2,010 Posts
Strawberry shortcake is the only way to go!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thank you Mr. Jon. Very kind of you!
At least the girl had some manners. My parents would have kicked my butt if I didn't say thank you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts